A Visit to King Edward's Bay.

04:01


Well I finally managed to touch solid ground in King Edward’sBay. It was just a distant blur in the background when I ventured to Tynemouth last year. We took Poppy late afternoon and it was quite busy. Riley’s Fish Shack (which I’m still dying to try) was filled to the rafters. The smell coming from it was amazing and mixed in well with the sea air.


The weather was cold and windy, the sea water was quite far in and one lot of stairs was nearly totally covered. I love how it’s a cove so the dog can’t really run off into danger if she spots a friendly person she likes the look of or a little doggy friend. (It’s been known to happen.)

We threw her ball for her and I tried my best to get a picture of my shoes in the sand before the waves came crashing in. (as you do) She then opted for this massive log, that was nearly the size of her. Each time we threw it she brought it back though.


She's getting better for going further into the water, I doubt she'll ever be a proper swimmer, but at least she's trying it out. 

I got right in next to the cliff edges of Tynemouth Castle and Priory, which is just above the bay. The sign saying watch for falling rocks, kind of made me a bit skeptical, but I explored it anyways. The patterns on the walls from the incoming tide were amazing. There was one part that had trickling water then ended in its own little pool.


It was great just getting out and about. I love going to the beach no matter the weather. For the first trip of the year, this wasn't too shabby at all. We finished it off with a little walk up to the castle and priory. I mean it would be rude not to.

What is your favourite beachy hangout?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images