A Birthday Meal at Las Iguanas Newcastle.

04:13



I went with the family for a birthday meal at Las Iguanas in Newcastle. They focus on South American Food. Think lots of tastes and spices, full flavoured concoctions with a bit of a twist. They source ingredients from around the world and pour their passion into making tasty and authentic food.

When we got there the place was heaving. I’ve been once before, and it was then too. The sign of a good place no doubt. They are celebrating their 25th birthday at the minute too and happy hour is on all day every day, which may have something to do with it.


We were shown a nice table in the corner downstairs, away from the hustle and bustle which I prefer. The atmosphere was great. I love the décor too, lots of reds, and mood lighting, a little bar, with funky tiles, and quirky wall lamps.


I went for a pina colada to start with. It was buy one get one free which was even better. 

Then for food we got:
Taco sharing tray with garlicky mushrooms, cheese and chunky sweet potato
Gambas – shell-on prawns cooked with garlic, lemon and chilli sauce
Three mushroom fajitas
Moqueca – Creamy coconut curry with peppers, garlic and fresh tomatoes
Spicy chicken enchilada.


Quite a feast indeed. After the starters alone we were all beginning to feel a little full. We persevered though, When the mains came out, I’ve honestly never tasted a nicer curry. I’m obsessed with coconut and it didn’t disappoint. I liked how it came in a little pot above a little candle burner to keep it warm. I had to add the coconut crumbs in myself too which was something different.


Overall the whole meal was lovely. There's was nothing I didn't like. I think we ordered too much food though. (A rookie mistake.)

All of the staff were friendly and very accommodating. It was a pricey affair at £100, but I think that was to do with the sheer amount that was ordered. You pay for quality though, and the food was definitely top notch.

I'd definitely go back, maybe for a lunch time special or something though.

Have any of you tried Las Iguanas?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images