Kidding Around at Saltwell Park.

01:25



It’s rare that I get to go to Saltwell Park without a hyper dog pulling me along. So when the opportunity presented itself I pretty much ran there, nuts in hand (for the squirrels) and dragged my pal Nic along for a bit of park fun.


I actually got to go into Saltwell Towers for once too. We went and got a cuppa and cake. I went for a hot chocolate and the generous slice of carrot cake that I had was so tasty. The views from inside the café were great too. It was weird looking at the park from the inside instead of the other way round. We may have had a slight problem trying to leave when the place was shutting (lots of locked doors) but we got out eventually, with slightly red faces.


We went to feed the ducks. The lake looked amazing. The sky was so blue and the reflections from it onto the surface of the water was something else. Parts of it were frozen too, all of the ducks and swans were huddled together on one side.


I’m ashamed to say I gave them a bit of bread. There’s so many signs around saying not to do so, but I didn’t have any other substitute. They lapped it up anyways. I’ll just make sure I’m more prepared next time. (Google says I should feed them frozen peas and grapes.) If anyone has any recommendations on a ducks diet, please let me know.

Afterwards we headed straight for the rose garden, where the squirrels usually are. There was already a man there feeding them all. I was pretty much giddy by this point I'm not going to lie.


It was honestly the best thing I've ever done. We literally just stood, rattled the bag of nuts and then a squirrel would come out of hiding to get some. I've waited forever to get close and personal with the squirrels, I can't believe that I only just realised I should take nuts for them. (Doh moment)

We got a couple of pictures, my next aim is to get a few more, and for the squirrels to stay a little longer. Maybe even get a little cheeky selfie?

Have any of you seen the squirrels at Saltwell Park?


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love Saltwell Park, we used to live in walking distance but unfortunately we've now moved to Newcastle and don't have a car so I don't know when we'll go again. I have great memories of photographing squirrels, Summer picnics and Saturday morning Park Run!


    Chloe X
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images