Afternoon Tea at Jesmond Dene House.

07:35



Going for afternoon tea seems to have become a bit of a regular occurrence as of late. (Not that I’m complaining.) I think it’s just a case of having various vouchers for places and just wanting to get out and try somewhere different.

My mam had one for Jesmond Dene House which I was so bloomin’ excited for. I’ve wanted to go for ages, so today seemed like the perfect opportunity. We took my brother too.


As soon as we pulled up I was in love with the outside. It had a castle-like feel to it. The inside was very posh too. A couple of throne chairs in the doorway and lots of various sculptures.

We went through the main dining area with it’s gorgeous seating areas, grand fire place complete with books. (You know how I like a good bookshelf) and went through to the extended conservatory area which had great views of outside. It was light and airy and a great spot on a sunny day.


We went for the classic afternoon tea. There was an option for sparkling or cocktail too. I wouldn't have minded trying the cocktail one, but I'm working later so no good.

We had:

English breakfast tea
Roasted veg/ cress and mayo/ cucumber and cream cheese/ tomato and pesto sandwiches
Scones with cream and jam
Lemon sponge cake with lemon icing and white chocolate topping
Banoffee cheesecake shot
Chocolate and orange macaroon
Chocolate brownie


I liked the sandwiches, the tomato and pesto was delicious and something I've never tried before. The roast veg was great too. I found the cress one slightly odd. It had a green sauce on it, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you what it was. I wish we had of been told by the server what we were actually eating. Half of the time it was a guessing game. It all tasted great though so I guess I can't complain too much.


We got three scones each. Never have I been anywhere and gotten three. They weren't massive which was great. We all opted for plain and they were nice and crumbly. I loved that you got given little pots of strawberry and raspberry jam. I never really have raspberry, but I preferred it to the strawberry. We managed a couple and took the rest home in a goody bag. (Which always seems to happen.)


The lemon cake was soft and creamy and the banoffee cheesecake just went beyond my expectations. It tasted amazing. I loved how the biscuit was loose on the top, the little spoon you got to eat it with. How it was nice and creamy, how sweet the toffee tasted. (So good.)


My favourite had to be the chocolate and orange macaroon though, It had a light dusting of gold powder on the top to make that bit more special and orange compote oozing from its center. Definitely on of the tastiest macaroons I've tried.

Other people were there getting food and I have to say everything that was brought out looked delicious. I'd definitely go back and have a proper meal.

It came to £66 altogether, which is one of the pricier afternoon teas I've tried. The £25 voucher we had made a dent in it though. 

I have to say, Iv'e had better afternoon tea experiences, for much cheaper, but it was worth the experience and the place itself is one not to miss.

Have any of you had afternoon tea at Jesmond Dene House?


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ooooh where have you had better? I love JDH, it's my favourite afternoon tea and I've had it an embarrassing amount of times, we're a little obsessed!

    Chloe X
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd go back, I'd love to try Christmas afternoon tea somewhere, I bet that would be amazing...Ooo a couple I love are Lumley Castle and Gateshead Hilton, nice and classic, but so tasty, plus you get the great views of Newcastle. What are your favourites? I think you'll know better than me haha

      Jen :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images