The Sunday Stroll: The Attempted Family Walk.

14:30


Yesterday, the family and I went on a little country walk. We’ve all been trying to be a bit healthier and have been going swimming and playing the odd game of badminton. (Well trying to play I should say.) So with the weather being somewhat alright, we thought a nice little walk through the woods, near the Rownlands Gill/Swalwell area would be a canny way to spend a Sunday.


We’ve been around this way before, I like how everything is linked together, you just have to try and find your way to certain bits, for example Thornley Woods and also Derwent Walk. (Which are both favourites of mine.) 

I like how there are signposts telling you where you are and how long it will take to get to certain areas. From where we started it was going to take 3 and a bit miles to end up at Rowlands Gill. Everyone was up for it and Poppy kept bumping into other dogs to play with as we walked.


As you can imagine, I wandered off and took pictures of various tree formations and little ponds we saw on the way.

I go through periods of looking for different things. Last spring/summer it was all about the butterflies. At the moment, I like seeing what trees look like against the sky as a backdrop. What the leaves look like and what shapes they make. (maybe I'm weird) closeups of flowers are good too.


After a while we all began to get a bit tired. I’d like to say that we pushed on and went the full distance there and back, but no. We were all slightly bored and dying to get home and have Sunday dinner if I’m being honest. I mean who doesn’t love a good Sunday roast.

At least we made an attempt, it was still a good little walk. Next time I think we'll take the bikes instead. I love a good ole bike ride. The main aim is to just get outside and enjoy nature, have a bit of fun and do a little bit of exercise.

I also spotted some freaky looking fungi. I might go mad for butterflies and flowers, but stick some mushrooms in front of me and I go crazy. (yes, definitely weird.)

How did you send your Sunday?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images