Beamish - Home Farm Revisited.

02:53



It’s no secret that I’m a bit of a Beamish fan. That’s the beauty of a yearly pass though, plus my pooch Poppy likes a little wander, looking at times gone by. (Or that’s what I tell myself.) I’ve been on so many occasions and have probably seen every inch of the place, yet whenever I visit there’s always something different. Plus it was a somewhat sunny day, so why not?


We decided to go back up to Home Farm and have a little wander around. The place was deserted, with it being during the week, so we could just go at our own pace and I could take as many photos as my phone would allow.


The Farm is set in the 1940’s, there’s a farm house, gardens and cottages and animals galore. It’s the animals that I was most interested in, I’m not going to lie. There were so many poultry running about in the paths. At one point three of them were walking in a line in front of us. Loads of them were gathered in a barn clucking away. It’s crazy how they were just let loose to roam free.


There were cows and sheep in the stables, which I didn’t like to focus too much on. It’s is a working farm though, so that’s just part of the job.  Instead I concentrated more on the geese at the ponds or the doves hanging out of openings in the old walls.

   
It’s been a while since I really had a good look at the farm so it was good to remember it and see new things. I can imagine the kids go crazy for all of the animals. I think I did once upon a time.


It’s just a nice little place, somewhere I would have liked to have lived back in the day. A cosy cottage, or a little house, with a couple of geese and chickens roaming free. Sounds like the dream, am I right?


Beamish is just always a good day out. They often have special events on too which is great. Plus it’s like a free day out once you’ve paid for a yearly pass which comes in at £18.50 per adult.

At the moment it's open five days a week - closed on Mondays and Fridays.

Which is your favourite part of Beamish?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images