Discovering Watergate. (Part 2)

01:35



Just beyond the lake, the masses of ducks and the over-friendly swans, lies a path going straight into the woods. Watergate Forest Park connects with Washingwell Woods which is the route we took. It was a beautiful place. You know I love a good nature walk, and this place was something special.


As soon as we went over the little wooden bridge, everything else behind us and out of sight. It was like we had stepped into another world. The masses of trees, sunlight coming through in patches. The sound of birds chirping away and the little running streams. (Have I set the scene for you yet?) I felt like we had walked straight into a fairy tale.

You are greeted by these huge stairs that go straight down to the valley below. We were stopped by a couple of little dogs that took a shine to Poppy. I remember one had a little cast on its foot and was jumping around enthusiastically. Betty, was her name, she followed us all the way down the stairs with her owner frantically running after her.


We went right and followed the path all the way along. The road was winding and you had great big trees on either side, the stream, continuing to follow us along. It was nice and peaceful and the scenery was just lovely.


You would look one way and it would be a bit drab, then you would turn the other way and the sky was bright blue, the trees glittering under the light. It felt like the most surreal thing. I also think taking pictures of trees against a bluey sky backdrop has became my new 'thing'. Last year was all about the converse on various floors, this year it seems its this.


On our way back we climbed up onto a verge and went down the other side. A full flowing water source was there, Poppy played and drank till her hearts content. We actually tried the water too. It was nice and fresh. My brother has been watching lots of Bear Grylls, so I blame that.


There was a tiny little waterfall gathering into a pool a bit further along. It would be a great spot to chill in the summer time. The top of it would have made a great hot tub. I could imagine floating in a bright rubber dinghy.


I honestly loved everything about Watergate. I loved how different the forest parts were to the main section with the lake. It was like being in two entirely different places.

You can check out my other post here.

I can't wait to go back and explore some more.

What's your favourite part of Watergate?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images