A Morning Down By the River.

07:14


The other day I decided to go back to my favourite little river spot, which is right on my door step and somewhere I can go to think about things. The sound of the water running down the stream never fails to immediately put me at ease. Of course I took Poppy, and of course, she ran around crazily and I took a heap load of photos of her. (What can I say, sometimes I’m predictable)

She's forever hiding in tall grass or behind bushes and things. I can't help but laugh when I turn around and have to find her.


The river is such a calm place, there is never anyone else around which I love. It was a relatively warm day, considering some of the colder ones we have had recently.


I threw sticks for Poppy and watched as one by one they skimmed past her in the water and went too far down stream. She managed to keep track of one though, and we spent a good bit of time just playing about in the water. 


I love walking. It gives me time to just reflect on things. It's particularly good if you have been worrying about something and want to get clarity, or even if you want to feel inspired. I'm trying to generate ideas for a book and the little stroll I had proved invaluable. Plus the sounds of the birds as you walk makes me feel like I'm in a Disney film.


I love how different the light is when you're out trying to take photos. One side can be all dark and grey and a bit mysterious, then you can look the other way and there's bright blue skies and colour everywhere. It always fascinates me.


I can't wait for Spring now. At the moment there are still some autumnal hues about which look great against a blue sky. I'm excited for flowers and butterflies though.


After the river we continued onto Bowes Valley Nature Reserve. To me, it's like my own big back garden. I walk these routes all of the time. I bump into people every once in a while and it's nice, but mostly I'm free to just roam where I please and take in all of the sights and sounds that I come across.

Do any of you have a favourite nature spot?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images