The Bowes Railway Path Spring Walk.

03:49



Spring is here! I'm actually so excited for the bunny rabbits, the daffodils and the butterflies. The warmer weather and the smell of freshly cut grass is also a perk. Since I was celebrating the sunshine I took Poppy on a nice long walk to one of my favourite spots.

I say its a favourite spot, but I guess its more of a favourite route really. I call it No man's land, but if you follow it upwards you end up at Tanfield Railway. Follow it downwards and it will take you to Bowes Railway. (The sign says Bowes Railway Path) I'm yet to go to either, but the little patch in between has become one of my go to places. (Especially on a nice sunny day.)


Its a great place to just feel disconnected from it all. The further you get into the walk, the more removed from civilisation you feel (Well at least I do anyways.) I love the farmer's fields on either side. The hedges and little burrows along the way. 


I love these little yellow flowers that blossom on the thorny hedges. Just seeing masses of them against a blue sky sends my picture taking fingers into a frenzy. (Ok, enough weirdness)


This time we decided to go off down a little route, down some steep steps and onto another field. We got about five minutes into it when I heard a gun shot. It was enough to make me run back, trying to coax Poppy into joining me. It was obviously just farmers, and the route was a public walkway, but it still had me spooked. 


These trees in the background are pretty much like a landmark to me. They're a focal point in the background and I know that when I pass them it isn't long until I get to the carved seat. 

It's this huge wooden piece that has lots of carved detailing on it. Sitting on it you can overlook the fields (there was sheep that day) and just sit and listen to the birds.


The blossoms are out too. You don't know what I'd give to have an orchard full of blossom trees. 

It was a canny day and a canny little walk, the dog behaved herself and I just loved being surrounded by nature and all that spring-like air.

I definitely want to follow the walk all of the way through and end up at one of the railways.

Have any of you been to them before?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images