Discovering Watergate Forest Park. (Part1)

00:00



I live about ten minutes away from Watergate Forest Park and have passed in on numerous occasions, yet I’ve never actually parked up and went in until a couple of days ago. I went with my brother and Poppy pooch and I really didn’t know what to expect. What I found pretty much blew me away.

I was so pleased the sun decided to make an appearance too.


Watergate is a green flag winning forest park. It includes woodlands, wetlands, wildflower meadows and various routes. It connects with Washingwell Woods and Bucks Hill. It's based in the Lobley Hill area.


You enter and go along a little path before you are greeted with a massive lake complete with lots of ducks and swans. I fed them and they came right onto the water bank which obviously made me act like a squealing child. The swans were magnificent, I fed one from my hand and it pecked at my palm, which was something new.


As we walked further around the lake the ducks followed us which was hilarious. I felt like Dr. Dolittle or something. I love how there were loads of little bridges about, random bits of stream trickling away.


It was such a beautiful day, just looking out onto the water was perfect.

There was even a waterfall. I just can’t even fathom it. You could walk down two staircases that met in the middle and you would just turn around and see this lovely little waterfall. There were huge rocks in the water that made it more like an arty sculptural piece, The sound of the water crashing below was great too.


Watergate is absolutely huge. We walked through the woods too. (I have a post coming on that) It was like stepping into a totally different place. 

I loved my little visit. I love the various sign posts dotted about, they were made of metal and had little insects and animals carved onto them. Definitely appealing for the kids out there (and me) 

I can't wait to go back and explore a different route. Spring time when the bluebells arrive in the meadow would be awesome.

Have any of you been to Watergate?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images