Afternoon Tea at Seaham Hall Hotel and Spa.

00:00



I had a voucher for afternoon tea for two at Seaham Hall. So I decided to treat my mam. There’s no one else I really afternoon tea with, it’s kind of our chance for a little bonding session, and we always have a laugh. I’m such a big fan of the whole ritual of it, add a very posh location into the mix and I’ll all but cry with excitement.

As soon as we pulled up I could see just how amazing the place looked. There’s lots of well-maintained lawns and trees and outside of the entrance is a modern style water feature.


When you go in you are met with two thrones next to a log fire and a welcoming reception area featuring lots of plush decorations and interiors. Already we were giddy with excitement.We were shown through to the dining area, and apart from a couple of men doing work in the corner, we were the only ones in there.

There was lots of glass and mirrors mixed in with a light dusting of exposed brick work. Heavy plush curtains surrounding the massive windows overlooking the grounds. Crushed velvet styled booths and tartan cushions. Dark coloured walls and floors with the hint of metal from the side tables. It was just done well. You know when you go somewhere, and it just works. You know some top notch designer has worked their magic and it just looks effortless, well that.


The tea consisted of:

Unlimited tea/coffee
Sandwiches – cheese and tomato/cucumber and cream cheese/egg mayonnaise
Freshly made scones with cream and jam
Chocolate brownie
White chocolate mousse with popping candy
Eccles cakes
Rhubarb macaroon
Lemon tart


What an absolute feast. I’ve found when I go for afternoon tea that different places focus on different aspects. Seaham Hall for me, was all about the desserts. Never in my life have I had popping candy on a mousse. It was so light and creamy and then the added kick from the popping candy, a winning combination.

The rhubarb macaroon was delectable too.

I love how the tea came in its own personal strainer and how the milk and preserves were presented on the slate. We got two scones each which was great, we couldn’t eat everything though. (Shock)


Everything tasted great, the presentation was immaculate and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The girl that served us kept checking if we were alright and offered us drinks throughout. They really put us at ease and allowed us to have a great afternoon. 


We took the rest of our treats home in a goody bag and my brother polished most of them off, I didn't mind though, seeing the place in the flesh was more than enough for me.

I think I paid £25-£30 which is such a bargain. We got the Duchess of Bedford Afternoon Tea which is normally £22 each. 

If you go to Seaham Hall, I'll say one thing. Check out the toilets, I've never been in a classier loo before. Even without the glorious food, the prime location and the chic interiors, the toilets alone were out of this world.

I'm dying to go back and check out the Serenity spa.

Have any of you tried afternoon tea at Seaham Hall?


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This looks delicious! Definitely got this on my list! :) x

    Katie | Blonde Ambition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so tasty Katie, you should definitely give it a try!

      Jen :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't made it to Seham Hall yet but as the self proclaimed Queen of Afternoon Tea I really should give it a try, it looks amazing!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to check it out! It's up there with the best...

      Jen :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images