The Geordie Tourist 2015 Top Ten.

02:15

I’ve decided to create my own little awards thingy (too professional) to give me a chance to look back on all that I did last year and to also pick out some of my best moments. This time of the year is all about the awards shows, such as the Oscars and what have you. I know my little blog is nowhere on the same scale, but I still want to celebrate it in a fun little way.

So I present to you my 'Top Ten' of 2015.


Afternoon Tea - The Running Fox Cafe.
A group of us went here for my friends' birthday. Never has an afternoon tea tasted so great, been such good quality and costed so little. It was £10 each. I'm still flabbergasted now when I think about it. You get so much food and so much choice too. Definitely one to check out for afternoon tea lovers.
Runner Up: - Copthorne Hotel.


Beachy Day Out - Tynemouth
This was the day, me and Nic went exploring Tynemouth. We found a little secluded part of the beach where you could see over to Tynemouth Priory and King Edward's Bay. We climbed cliffs (nothing too dangerous) and looked at the remains of Tynemouth's outdoor pool. It was good weather for being the later part of the year too.
Runner Up - Marsden Bay


Flashback Friday - Paris.
I know Paris had a raw deal last year, such awful things that have happened. Whenever I think of Paris though I remember the good times that I had with my mam and brother. This is one of the best trips I've ever taken and I think it always will be. Paris is chocolate crepes and rustic buildings. It's spending time with the people that mean the most to you.
Runner Up - The Newcastle Bike Ride.


Trip Away From Home - Manchester.
This was a canny little trip. I had never been to Manchester before, and although there wasn't many particular landmarks, I had fun just looking through the city. I had a quirky afternoon tea experience and tasted the best milkshake of my life. (A bold statement but I'm sticking to it)
Runner Up - Lambley Farm Holiday Cottages.


Newly Discovered Foodie Place - Two Fifths.
I'm basing this purely on the decor, I'm not going to lie. I've never been to a place so quirky and cool. It was just such a unique place and I'm definitely going to go back this year and see what grub they have on offer. I did have a hot chocolate though and that was pretty darn nice.
Runner Up - Ingognito UK


A more sophisticated person would probably refer to an out of this world cocktail that they experienced. Not me, no I chose the amazing milkshake concoction that I tried at Ginger's. It was malt and peanut butter all creamy and crunchy at the same time. It was like a Willy Wonka moment for me, just super tasty.
Runner Up - Mrs Pumphrey's Curious Leaves Tea Bar.


Nature Spot - Kielder Water.
Nothing can compare to Kielder, or even come close to it for that matter. (That's how passionate I am about the place.) We must have picked one of the best days of the year to go. The place took my breath away. I've never seen it looking so gorgeous. It was a fun little road trip with friends, we messed around and explored and just had such a great day.
Runner Up - Saltwell Park.


I went to a few different fairs last year, but there was just something special about Lou Lou's. I think it was probably the tea served in little china cups and the massive slice of cake I consumed. This was full of vintage treasures and a girl group singing catchy tunes. A great day out.
Runner Up - Living North Live.


Newcastle Moment - Climbing the Monument.
This was such a good experience, well maybe bittersweet. I was thrilled to do it, but also scared stiff as I hate heights and it was a windy day so the structure was moving a bit. I loved having the chance to look over Newcastle though and I'm so pleased I did it.
Runner Up - Quayside Seaside.


Overall Day Out - Whitby.
Sure, my mam's wedding day is up there, but nothing can beat the picturesque Whitby. The sweltering heat and the hoards and hoards of people couldn't even take away the shine from this place. I was awed as soon as I saw it. I loved the boats and the piers and the ice cream we had from a little shop. I'm definitely going back here, no doubt about it. I would pack up and move there in a heart beat.
Runner Up - Close House.

Do any of you do these kinds of things? 
Let me know I'd love to see what made your top ten.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images