Corbridge: A Walk By the River.

22:32


After our lovely day being tourists and taking in some new surroundings, myself and my buddy Nic thought we’d see what was on offer down at the river bank in Corbridge. 

We took our near melting, pretty much devoured, oh so glorious tasting ice cream with us. Can’t beat a nice healthy dollop of gelato, with the sun shining in the sky, birds chirping away. (Sounds like something from a Disney film.)


Just taking in the views of Corbridge Bridge gives me near shivers. Does anyone else find it strange almost giddy-like, saying Corbridge Bridge. It's the two bridge words together. (No, just me?) 

I love how you get a different effect, just by walking a bit further away from it. The arches all smooth and round. (I sound like some weird bridge fanatic.)


There are proper walking routes and trails that you can go on, but we chose to just wander wherever we fancied, at our own pace. It was nearing the end of the day and we were just looking to waste a couple of hours before the train home. I think waste is the wrong word. More like spend some time sitting and relaxing with some great views and feeling the last of the sun warming your skin. There, that's more like it.


I love how you get two entirely different views depending on which side of the river you are looking at.

The side we were walking on had gorgeous houses, stacked up tall with meandering footpaths leading down enchanted looking gardens. The kind of house you could only dream of living in. Waking up everyday with picturesque views of the river. There was a cat jumping around in one of the gardens. Oh to be that cat.


The other side had luscious views of the countryside beyond, the trees silhouetted against the surface of the water. 

The river bank was sandy and at times it felt like a little slice of beach life. We sat and talked and listened to music, watching the clouds at one point. People watching the figures on the other side of the bank. Wondering how different their view was to ours.


I realise I spend a lot of my time just sitting and taking things in wherever I may be. I feel so blessed to have visited so many nice places and with the stresses of today's world its good to just take a moment and appreciate life. (There, there’s your advice for today kids.)

You simply can't visit Corbridge without walking along the river. I mean how could you just pass it by without a second glance? I certainly couldn't that's for sure. 

I love the diversity of the village center. The cute little shops and the quirky food places, but by now you should know that I feel most at home in among the nature. The simple things offer the greatest pleasure, and what could be more simpler than sitting by the water and appreciating the views...

Have any of you walked along the river bank? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images