Galentine's Day at Gourmet Burger Kitchen.

03:39



What’s Galentine’s I hear you ask? Well until a couple of days ago I had no clue either. It’s basically when you celebrate Valentine’s Day with your gal pals instead of a stinky boy. (so mature) I think if you’re in a loving relationship then you shouldn’t need one day a year to celebrate it, but munching on fatty burgers with your friends, now that’s something I can get on board with.

Valentine’s Day for me was working at the cinema in the morning. I think I got off quite lightly to be honest, I think they majority of smug loved up couples went later on. (Not jealous at all eh) With the release of 50 Shades too it was a bit chaotic.


Gourmet Burger Kitchen is a favourite of mine. I don’t know if you’ve been to the Metro Centre, but in the yellow mall, apart from the cinema, it’s basically just full of places to eat (The likes of Nandos and Frankie and Benny’s and what not.) I love GBK because it is never ever heaving. I’m one of those people that hates going into packed restaurants. I hate feeling like I’m practically sitting on a stranger when the tables are too close together, or feeling like people are staring at me when I’m eating my food. (I have issues) It’s always either dead, or has just enough people to create a nice little atmosphere.

Some would maybe take that to mean that the food isn’t up to scratch but far from it really. There are an abundance of different style burgers depending on how adventurous you want to be. They have one at the moment called St. Morish which sounds bloomin’ amazing.


I just went for a cheeseburger and then some sweet potato fries with the baconnaise sauce to accompany it. Those fries are probably one of the main reasons I often go to GBK. They taste unreal. I would have opted for one of their legendary milkshakes too but I’m still trying to be a bit healthy.


I love the décor too. It’s part American diner, part rustic. There's white brick walls and various wood and tiles about. There’s different style lights hanging from the high ceilings and other various quirky parts to it which add charm and character. I mean how many places can you go to where you can eat peanuts whilst waiting for your meal?

You're looking at around £7-£10 for a burger which is quite good value considering how nice they taste. You can tell the meat and other ingredients are top quality. At the moment they have a deal where you can get two burgers for £10 too which is a bargain.

I'm just counting down the days until I can go back. I need to try the St. Morish burger and without a doubt I'll be getting a milkshake.

Did any of you celebrate Galentine's?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images