More Than Hot Chocolate at Two Fifths.

13:55



My mam and I were over in Newcastle for a party that Benefit were throwing. We were a bit early so thought we’d check out Revolution and go for a quick drink beforehand. As soon as we opened the door though it was crammed and there was no way we were staying to try and fight through the crowds.

Just across the road I spotted a little table and chairs and we went over to see if it was indeed a café type place or somewhere one could get a beverage. I couldn’t really tell from the outside, but I was hopeful. As soon I opened the door I was blown away by what was inside.


The place is called Two Fifths and it's on Collingwood Street. All I can say is wow. It is just full of quirky things. I'm talking high wood paneled walls, mismatched tables and chairs. There's enormous World maps plastered on the walls and the bar area is gorgeous. Bright colours are dotted about the place and there are bottles and treasures as far as the eye can see. It's vintage, yet retro, stylish and cool. Honestly I could go on and on...

We just dropped in for a hot chocolate. The girl that worked there was so nice and friendly. We were the only ones in there and she didn’t bat an eye lid as I trooped around like a crazy tourist taking photos. She answered all of our nagging questions and let us go and see the two spaces which you can hire for private dining.


The hot chocolate was only a couple of quid each and was really tasty. They do lots of other things like cocktails too. They have a food menu and we were told they do a decent Sunday dinner. I'll definitely be going back to sample that at some point. I'd love to try one of their private dining areas as well.

In one way it's a shame that the place wasn't heaving. It's so charming and unique. Who knows maybe everyone comes out to play on a night time? On the other hand though I'm pleased. It feels like I've discovered a gem, and the last thing I want to do is share it with every Tom, Dick and Harry out there. They can just have Revolution instead...

Have any of you been to Two Fifths? If not why? Get yourself right there now.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images