Flashback Friday: Picturesque Prague.

00:00



When: 2012
Where: Prague

Prague was a proper tourist holiday for me. I remember going on river cruises and walking around the city aimlessly just gawping at buildings and shops. That’s one thing about Prague, the architecture is gorgeous. I’m just gutted that the quality of my camera at the time was so bloomin’ crap that I hardly have any pictures to share, still though I have the memories. 

So again, this was another family holiday. We flew from Leeds. I don’t know about you but I love flying from different airports when I go away just so I can see how they differ from each other. (Plus it was cheaper, I mean that always helps.)


We stayed in an alright hotel, it served its purpose. The rooms were a decent size and the food they had on offer was good. I remember lots of stew type dishes with dumplings and then chocolaty crepes for dessert. (A decent meal in my opinion) The hotel was right next to the metro station and a big supermarket which is always a plus.

We just spent our days seeing as much of the city as possible. Like I said before the buildings are glorious. Prague Castle is a must see. There was even an old fashioned toy museum in it. Looking at Barbie through the years brought me back to my childhood.


I loved going to the Ice Bar. They have these in lots of cities and I was just dying to try it. It’s definitely an experience. You get this fetching silver puffed jacked and are served drinks in glasses made of ice. There was even an ice throne which we obviously took it in turns to get our photos taken on.

Another great part was Prague Zoo. Now I’m not really one for zoos I think they’re cruel in a way, but then again if they are genuinely helping an animal survive then I don’t have any qualms about it. There was this tunnel you could walk through and there would just be bats flying above your head. I liked walking into gardens and being surrounded by tropical birds. There was this jungle-type place too where monkeys were jumping all over people. I’ve never been to a zoo quite like it. It's massive. 


I would love to go back to Prague. For starters I would get a good camera and take some better quality images. I'd also like to go to a few more restaurants, maybe take some photos of the food too. I'm just dying to go to the Absinthe Museum. Although I have photos of the outside, unfortunately we didn't go in. I have blurry memories of absinthe getting me through drunken girly holidays and I'd just love to check it out.


Looking back through these photos and remembering it all is really making me hungry to go and pay Prague another visit. I might try and go in the winter time and maybe check out a Christmas market. I've heard they are meant to be quite legendary.

Have any of you been to Prague?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images