Afternoon Shopping at Lou Lou's Vintage Fair.

00:00



If your idea of a perfect afternoon is browsing through vintage treasures, listening to live acts singing catchy hits, and then maybe stopping off for a spot of tea, then look no further. Lou Lou’s Vintage Fair. It is the largest Vintage Fair in the UK.  It appears in 42 cities across the nation and shows the best of the best when it comes to vintage finds and clothing.

The fairs are on throughout the year. I think it’s every few months but I could be wrong. I’ve been to one a couple of years ago and I loved it. So when I heard it was coming back again I thought I’d give it another try. Plus did I mention that you can get cake?


It was only £2 to get in which I mean isn’t really bad at all. Immediately you are met with that musty vintage-like smell. The place was buzzing with people rifling through brightly coloured racks of clothes. Various stalls selling gorgeous jewelled rings and quirky statement necklaces (definitely my kind of stall.) Dresses and skirts, blouses in an array of colours and just every kind of pattern you could imagine.


What I like about vintage is the messiness of it all. Things are just everywhere, you can have a fur hat in a box with an evening clutch and a pair of brogues. I like how things are presented. The old fashioned scarves draped over mannequins. Vanity mirrors and leopard print sunglasses adorning various tables, jewellery cascading over vintage suitcases. It's a photographer's dream.

We browsed for a bit whilst listening to a group called The Doo Wop Dollies which sounded great. Three girls dressed in vintage attire (appropriately) singing hits from the 20's 30's and 40's. I think it was a great touch. I know it's just walking around and shopping but it's nice having something to listen to.


A great thing to note is that each stall has business cards and leaflets so you can find out more about the businesses or even if you want to buy from them online or at another time etc. We were talking to a nice woman from a place called Jailhouse Frocks/The Frock Exchange. (such a cool name for starters.) It's in an old police station in Bedlington. She was telling us about the dresses she stocks. My mam is now set on getting vintage-type dresses for her wedding. Oh and she is opening up a tea shop soon. I'm beyond excited to pay a little visit. 


After the shopping we stopped for cake. Holy Moley the slabs of cake were massive. I went for the red velvet and my mam got chocolate. We each got a cup of tea that was served on vintage china. They even came with sugar cubes. (too cute) The cake was £2.50 a slice and tea was £1.50.


A brand called Hepcat Kitten were also on hand to create vintage hairstyles for anyone wanting them. I'd love to try it one time.

I must admit I only left with a necklace, but I love it. I'm just more of a window shopper, or I'm trying to be. There were so many amazing things floating about though, you just have to dig deep and find the treasures.

Did any of you go to Lou Lou's Vintage Fair?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images