Summer at Ousbrough Wood.

07:41

It’s been a while since I've ventured into Ousbrough wood. The last time I went was around January and it’s amazing to see how different everything looks now that summer is here. You can check out my other post here.
Ousbrough is right next to the other nature walks that I tend to go on these days. I seem to be going on them more and more, I guess with the warm weather and it being free. I've skipped on Ousbrough for a bit though and thought it about time I checked out the eerie woods once again.

I went with my pal Nic, and Poppy. Who was fine getting into the car, (Poppy that is) but somehow managed to scrape her paw on the five minute drive to the woods. Luckily I found a sock in the car (I’m not really gross and leave socks lying around, but there was one there.) She hated it to start with, but soon forgot about it and started walking instead of point blank refusing.

It was funny though, as she was going in the stream and in all of the puddles she could find so it started to stretch out to the point where she was practically dragging it behind her. I laughed for a good ten minutes and then took it off. (I’m joking I’m not that cruel, there were giggles though.)

Ousbrough is such a unique place. It’s like going from the real world into an enchanted forest or something. The light just seems to evaporate. There are so many huge clusters of trees. There’s a massive stream going in and amongst everything. There’s low walkways, bridges and just random paths going any which way. You get these little parts where there’s a gap in the trees and the sun can get through and shine down on a little spot. It really seems magical. I don’t know if I’m just a weird nature freak, but I can’t get enough of places like this. I think I just like the feeling of being free and not being bothered by people, being able to just enjoy the simple things and not get bogged down. I think more and more people feel like that these days.  













It’s just a lovely place to go for a walk. I always find a different route that I’ve never explored before.

Everything changes and there’s always something new to find. We passed fungi that I've never noticed before, managed to get a photo of an actual bee. Then on our way out we spotted a little frog/toad (delete as applicable, I can't tell the difference.) 

I'm all for looking at pretty flowers, but seeing actual wildlife is a whole other ball game. Just call me Russell the wilderness explorer...

Have any  of you spotted any wildlife recently?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images