A Sunday Stroll: Riverside Park

13:48

I live about ten minutes away from Riverside Park. Or Chester le Street park as I've always called it. It’s the place I used to go when I was younger with my brother and cousins. We would spend hours playing about. They have this massive paddling pool too, which as a kid doesn't get much better.

Now I’m older, the pool doesn't have the same appeal. I appreciate the other aspects of the park now.
There’s these amazing gardens. They have rose bushes and swirling hedges. It’s even better that it’s summer time as all of the flowers are in bloom too. I passed gorgeous arrays of pink and white flower beds. Even the wild flowers in the fields looked quite spectacular.

I love the shaded walkway they have. There’s twisting leaves covering it and it’s nice just walking through it. (It’s the little things after all.)

I went with my mam and Poppy and we had a nice little stroll. I love the fact there’s a river too.  I could see swarms of tiny fish as we walked by. There are swans too. I know what you’re thinking. ‘Ok, swans, a lot of places have swans what’s so special about swans?’ Well I bet you've never seen swans like these before.
To start with there are just hoards and hoards of them. There’s a little sandy beach bit on the river bank and they all congregate there. They come up so close to people and get fed and things. You’d think the beach would be for the kids, but no. It’s where the swans hang out. They just seem so friendly and laid back. The swans next to where I live are vicious. These on the other hand are placid. You just see groups of them waddling along, shaking their tail feathers.

I noticed blackberry bushes too. Some of them are starting to ripen. I cant wait for a couple of months so I can go blackberry picking. Which then means I can use them to make cakes and jams and things. (Sometimes I sound like a right old woman.)

There were loads of butterflies too. I managed to get a few pictures of them. The park itself was heaving. I saw the masses of kids playing in the pool. Not going to lie I felt a bit sad that I wasn't little anymore and could just run around and not give a crap, but hey that's life.













We found a nice spot on the grass and ate our fab lollies. £1 for a fab lolly though. I mean that’s shocking. Poppy liked it, so that’s all that matters.

I'm loving the sunshine and the summer weather. Sometimes it's hard to come by in the North East, but when you get it, everything is just wonderful. Parks, and gorgeous ornate gardens are definitely worth checking out.


Have any of you been to Riverside Park recently?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images