Woodland Walks and Muddy Paws.

14:45

I realise a lot of posts on here recently are walks that I've took with Poppy. They usually consist of me going to some forest type area and dragging someone else with me for company. Then I walk around for a bit taking photos of plants and flowers and the odd bee/butterfly that I find. I also rope the dog into it too. I’m not talking putting her in funny outfits and making her dance, but still you know what I mean.

Anyways, I guess all of that was just a really long way of saying that this post is no different. I hopped in my mam’s jeep and my brother and I took Poppy out. (Shock)

It was about 6/7 o’clock and the sun was still shining. It wasn't really chilly or anything and it just seemed nice and calm. Across the road from where we parked you could see all of the sheep still out grazing in the fields.  It still surprises me how just five minutes away I can be totally in the countryside away from everything (I love it.)

We went around where we normally go, but this time we picked a different entrance. At the time I didn't know that it was going to lead us to the same paths that we normally take, but lo and behold it did.

It’s good in a way, because now I’m starting to find out where each little walk takes me to. I come across loads of little dirt paths, or openings in the trees and I’m beyond curious as to where they go. Now I can start finding out.

So we were walking and then we came across a pond/lake. I would say it was too big to be a pond, and maybe too small to be considered a lake, so I don’t really know where that leaves us. It was lovely just looking at the water. It wasn't the cleanest, but you couldn't really tell when you looked far out. There was a big tree trunk at the water’s edge and I felt like walking over it Dirty Dancing style. (I don’t have the balance for it though.)

Poppy went off by herself and got covered in mud. I had to keep throwing sticks into the water so she could go in for them and clean her muddy paws in the process.











There were fish too. You could just see the ripples in the water where they kept coming towards the surface. They were probably only tiny ones, but I’d definitely like to go back and have a little go at fishing. Maybe just putting a bucket in the water and seeing what happens. 

I think I'll check out a few other curious paths next time. Who knows, it might lead me on a familiar trail or somewhere else entirely...

Have any of you been walking anywhere nice recently?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images