A Pit Stop at Ed's Easy Diner.

02:23

Yesterday when shopping at the Intu Metro Centre with my mam and my friend Nic, we needed to make a little pit stop, grab some food and try to sort out our foul moods. We were shopping for funeral and wedding things, not a great mix to start with. That coupled with the fact that none of us actually like shopping, well, you can see where I’m going with this…

So anyways, we decided to try Ed’s Easy Diner. Having never been before, and always seeing it’s welcoming flashing lights as I walk past, I thought it was a good a time as any to finally see what it was all about.

Ed’s reminds me of 50’s America. (Not that I was present for that.) I’m guessing that’s the look they were going for. It’s got check black and white floors. Lots of shiny silver metal work about, and cool red retro looking seats and booths. There is also a bar area where you could sit and drink mega milkshakes. It just looks the part. It just works.

There are miniature jukeboxes about too and you can pick between classic hits from years gone by. There’s nothing quite like sitting in silence one minute, then taking a bite of your burger to the sounds of Elvis loudly playing in the background. There’s a great atmosphere to the place and it just looks like a great replica of what you would find back in the day.

For food we each went for the classic cheeseburger. Then we got portions of coleslaw, fries and chicken dippers to share. I also got a chocolate and mint milkshake too. I mean there was no doubt I wasn't going to get one. I’m definitely a big kid at heart.

The cheeseburger was ok. I wouldn't say it was on par with Gourmet Burger Kitchen (My all time fave.) But then again, it is just supposed to be your classic burger, so none of the other fancy ingredients and things. It came in a nice paper burger bag thing, which was a great touch. The coleslaw was amazing and I’m pleased we got three little portions, or there would have been fights. The fries were fries, and I thought the milkshake got better the more that I drank. I can’t really comment more.

The star of the show was the chicken dippers though. I guess I was expecting something resembling a McDonald's chicken nugget. I couldn't have been more wrong. They were battered and crispy, and just tasted, quite frankly amazing. They came with BBQ sauce and sweet chilli too. Honestly I could have just ate them and nothing else and been more than satisfied with my visit.










It came to about £44 for the three of us. We did seem to order a lot of food and it was £4.50 alone for my milkshake. The cokes had free refills which was good. You can sign up to Ed's Club and they normally have promotions and things. I have a voucher for 50% off food at the moment but it was for a different time to when we were eating. 

Ed's also have a loyalty scheme where you can earn credit and get money taking off your next visit.

Did I mention how cool the toilets are too. They are just separated into individual cubicles which I've never seen before. You have your own little sink and mirror and everything. Think porter loo with more class, and those 50's tunes playing in the background.

I think I would go back to Ed's again. I'd go when there are less screaming kids about. I'd get a booth with a jukebox so I can pick some music and I'd try lots of new things on the menu. Bring on next time...

Have any of you been to Ed's Easy Diner recently?

What's your favourite thing on the menu?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images