A Quick Look at The Brownie Bar Newcastle.

00:26

I had a Living Social voucher to use up for The Brownie Bar in Newcastle. So I dragged by brother along who was more than happy knowing he was about to get some free food.

The Brownie Bar is located in Eldon Gardens. They sell over 30 different flavours of brownie; have monthly specials, and new flavours coming out all of the time too. It was set up by sisters Sarah and Rachael cawkwell in 2010, who started off making brownies in their kitchen at home. Their aim is to bring the gooiest brownies in the widest flavours to the brownie loving public, or the ‘don’t really have a clue about brownies’ person like myself. As well as the shop, you can find them at markets and things too.

The voucher I had was for two to get a hot drink and two brownies each. I paid £6 which is really good value I think.

I had never been to the Brownie Bar before, but had passed it on a couple of occasions. I love the look of it. It’s like its own little island just sitting there. I love the mixture of the bright white counter tops and lit up signs mixed in with the dark woods on the floor and the other fixtures. They have little stools, making it an actual bar. You can see all of the gorgeous looking brownies waiting to be picked in the display cabinets too.

I managed to get a couple of photos (I took the majority of them at home), not many though as we got our stuff to takeaway. Sometimes I hate when you get discount vouchers and you aren't allowed to eat in. Fair enough I know you're getting it for a fraction of the cost, but it takes away from the experience for someone like me. Especially if I've never been to the place before. It was empty too, so we could have squeezed in somewhere.

We made thew mistake of getting our brownies as soon as we went to Town (we still had shopping to do) Not knowing that we would have to carry them around with us. I got a hot chocolate for my drink which I had to just bin. It was far too hot and after carrying it around for half an hour I couldn't go in any of the shops. It was a bit of a waste actually.

Since we had to take them home, we got to share them with everyone else. (every cloud and all.) It was a good job really. They were quite rich and there's no way we could have ate two full brownies each.







The flavours we went for were Millionaire, Pistachio, Crème Egg and I’m sure the other one was a mixture of Nutella and Peanut Butter. They were nice in small quantities, I just think brownies aren't for me, they're quite rich. I reckon if I had of warmed them up and had them with cream or ice cream it might have been a different story. You live and you learn though. 

You can order brownies online if you can't make it to the shop. If you want the shop instead, opening hours are Monday to Friday 10:00-19:00. Saturday 10:00-18:00, and Sunday 11:00-17:00.

What's you favourite brownie flavour from The Brownie Bar?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images