Breakfast at Bella Italia Intu Metrocentre.

00:00


If you've been anywhere near Intu Metrocentre recently you'll know that lots of new foodie places and restaurants are opening. Last Saturday just before the grand opening of the new Bella Italia, I got a chance to go and try out breakfast for free. I guess a lot of places do that these days to give the staff a chance to get a bit of extra training and to make sure everything runs smoothly for opening.

I told the family about it and they jumped at the chance to go for some grub. I go out a fair amount I'd say these days, but I never really go out for breakfast. I was definitely excited to see what they had on offer. 


It was great being in a nice, new, shiny restaurant. The decor is lovely. I love how its all inspired by Italy. The paintings on the walls depicting landmarks and the frames hanging from the ceiling in the colours of the Italian flag. 

I particularly loved the Bella Italia sign all lit up and just how the different colours and fabrics come together to create a unique looking place. There was even a funky dessert cart and herbs growing in a border at the front of the restaurant. 


There was cute little pots of jam waiting for us on the table which was a nice touch.

The boys went for the Gigante Breakfast. My mam had a Veggie Breakfast which came with avocado. I went for the Fruity Pancake Stack.


The plates were cool and modern, the bread looked like nice homemade bread, or a posh loaf, not just your average already sliced stuff. It's the little touches that make it special.


I had already decided I wanted pancakes before we had even got to the restaurant. I was just hoping and wishing that they were on the menu. 

They were nice enough, just a little bit cold.

Afterwards we had to fill in some feedback cards. We all agreed it was a positive experience. The staff were lovely and the food was tasty, like I said before, just a little bit cold.

We had to pay for our drinks which was all good (the money was going to charity) It came to £16. The whole thing altogether would have came in at around about £44. I've had better breakfasts for a cheaper price so I don't know if I'd return.

My friend tried out the dinner tasting session where she got a free starter and a main. She said the food was delicious. So maybe I'd like to try some pizza or pasta instead. I mean I don't think I can give it a fair trial without tasting one of their specialties.

Have any of you been to the new foodie places at Intu Metrocentre?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images