Finding Bargains at the Hexham Boot Sale.

00:00


On a Sunday, sometimes there's no place you'd rather be then having a little nosey at what you can find at a car boot sale. I have been to this one in Hexham on a couple of occasions. Once to sell, which resulted in me sitting in the car, for most of the time as I was too cold. (You know how it goes.) 

It is set in the Hexham Auction Mart Building. There are various parts to it including the exhibition hall and the pens, where the animals would be kept. It's strange when you go for the first time and you're walking through the stalls. I kept expecting a pig to pop out from somewhere.

My mam is in the process of doing out the garden, so thought she could pick up a couple of bargains.


Some of the things you can find wouldn't be out of place at a vintage fair. There was a seller with lots of jewellery. It reminds me of my nanna's things which makes me smile. 

I just took a few photos as I didn't want to feel like I was intruding, plus it's peoples' personal stuff, so I didn't want to seem rude.


We bought this crate to grow some herbs in or to house a couple of smaller plants. It cost £4 for two which is such a good price compared to what you'd pay in store.


There was glassware on most stalls. I loved this arrangement of fancy plates. I like finding cute little crockery sets and cups and plates that match. It makes me want to host quirky little afternoon tea parties.


We paid a lot of attention to the various stools and chairs that we could find. We were after something to sit on in the garden. I could just see myself sipping some homemade lemonade and reading a book on one of these gorgeous green chairs. 

Unfortunately we didn't get them. If we went back and they were still there, I'm sure they'd make it back home with us though. 


I fell in love with this tin kettle as soon as I saw it. The man that was selling it was so nice too. We walked away with a white wicker chair and table and the kettle for £12. This will go in the garden as decoration and the chair and table just need a lick of paint and they'll fit right in.


If I was any good at DIY I'd have snapped this right up. Just a nice sturdy bit of wood to join it together and hey presto a little seat.

Altogether we got the wicker table and chair, tin kettle and two garden crates. The real bargain for my mam though was a massive artificial bamboo plant. ( We had to do two trips just to get it back home.) It cost her £25. She saw a much smaller one in a shop a couple of days ago for £200. A definite bargain indeed. 

The Hexham boot sale is on every Sunday until December (unless otherwise stated on their website) 
It opens at 12pm for buyers and costs £1 per person for entry.

Have any of you found any great bargains at car boot sales?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow, there are a lot of nice things! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images