A Short Trip to Glasgow.

00:00


Last Saturday I went with my mam and Geoff (her husband) to Glasgow. We stayed for one night in an apartment we found on Airbnb. If you've never heard of  Airbnb before, its basically a site where you can search for rooms or properties to stay in when you go on your travels. I've used it once before when I went to London a couple of years ago, and had no bother, so I thought I'd try it again. (Plus it worked out a lot cheaper than most of the hotels I came across.)

We stayed about ten minutes away from the BBC Pacific Quay and everything else around that area. 


It was a lovely grey day as you can tell. It was bloody freezing and the drizzle and strong winds made it seem even colder. I had never been to this part of Glasgow before though, so we had a little wander about.

I love how the architecture of the buildings looks against the gloomy water, and how they have a bridge quite similar to our Millennium Bridge.


We passed the SSE Hydro, which was the whole reason we were there in the first place, no I'm not talking being a mega fan of the building or anything, but seeing Adele in concert. I'll get onto how amazing that was in a second though. It looks quite futuristic the building though, which was cool. The grass on the roof reminded me of the Shire for some reason.

I don't have a lot of pictures, if I'm honest we were out and about for about half an hour at the most. I was happy just looking around though and trying to stop my hood flapping about in the wind.


I had no idea what this Clydeport thing was, but I just thought it looked so cool standing there all industrial-like. (I have since Googled this and found its to do with logistics and shipping and what not.)

We ended up finding a place to eat inside The Rotunda. It seemed everyone else had the same idea, so we had to make a reservation for pretty much straight away. We had twenty minutes to get back to the apartment and changed and them get back for our food. (Good job it was so near.)

Afterwards we had a couple of drinks at the Hilton hotel that was nearby too.

Obviously the main attraction was Adele. The concert was just flipping straight out unbelievable. She has such an amazing voice anyways, but seeing her live like that was a real special moment. She is so down to earth and funny too. Definitely one of the best acts I've seen. I had to nab a t-shirt whilst I was there to mark the occasion. I'm just gutted I didn't take any photos. I guess I was just being really present in the moment and enjoying it too much, which is pretty alright too.

Any of you seen Adele, or even Glasgow for that matter?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images