Afternoon Tea at the Copthorne Hotel Newcastle.

10:18

To me, afternoon tea is a sophisticated affair. When I think about it, it reminds me of posh ladies who lunch. I, myself am not a posh lady, I rarely lunch, but sometimes when I go for tea I like to think that I’m just that. There’s nothing better than going to a luxurious place to have it. (It really adds to the effect of it all.)

That’s exactly what happened when I went with my mam for a spot of high tea at the Copthorne Hotel in Newcastle.  I’d never been inside before, only just seen it as I cycled past on one of my bike rides. (This makes me sound like a keen athlete, If only. I've been once or twice.) The lobby is gorgeous, huge and airy, just sleek and expensive looking. I felt a bit out of place, like pretty woman. (Minus the hooker though.)

The restaurant (Quay 7) part was lovely too, we were one of the only ones in there and we were given a table right near the window so that we could look out onto the Tyne. It was gorgeous if I’m being honest.  
The table itself had a clean white tablecloth and some fancy looking salt and pepper shakers and a flower in a stylish white vase. They were resting on top of a piece of slate. Honestly it’s the little details that change something from good to amazing. They really put the effort in and made the experience great.


Yes, you've probably guessed it already. I had a Living Social Deal to use so we got it for a fraction of the cost. It was just £17 for the two of us, which is just crazy. This time we went for the sparkling afternoon tea. Unfortunately (for her) my mam was driving, so I stepped up to the plate and drank both glasses. (When duty calls)

It was a total change to what we normally have. I don't know it just made it feel all that more special. It was a treat too as I didn't realise we had actually booked the sparkling option in the first place. Don't you just love it when that happens?

The sandwiches were great. You could tell that they were fresh. No hard edges or stale bits in sight. The ingredients were good quality too like the ham and things. I liked that they weren't too exotic. Sometimes you get flavours that just don't go together. It was good that they just went with the classics that most people like.

The scones were fab too. I'm not usually a fan of fruit scones but they tasted nice. I loved how the cream and jam were served in individual shot glasses. Again, it was a little detail that made a difference.

The cakes looked amazing. I'm not going to lie I only tried one and then we took the rest home. It seems to be a repeat pattern that's happening at the moment. I don't know if I've just had too many afternoon tea trips recently or if my sweet tooth isn't what it was, but I just can't seem to eat cake like I used to. Plus I think I'd rather not struggle and then enjoy them at a later time. I also like letting people at home try them too. (I'm just too nice eh)













Afterwards we went and sat outside for a bit and just watched the world go by. It was a nice sunny day and just being next to the water relaxes me. I like just people watching and thinking about things. 

Afternoon tea is served between 2pm and 5pm seven days a week.

Have any of you been for afternoon tea recently?

Have you tried what the Copthorne has on offer?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images