Manchester Day 1 - Statues, Graffiti and Swifty.

00:28

Recently I went with my mam to Manchester for a few days. This trip for me was a chance to just get away for a while. I mean we all have times when we just need a little break from life and this was great if I’m being honest. We went down on the train and found our hotel as soon as we got there. This was the first time either of us had been and there was just no hassle which is always good when you go away.

We stayed at the Premier Inn right in the city centre which was fine. The room was spacious and the beds were comfy, and to me I don’t need more than that. If I was rich I’d want the world, but sadly I’m not, so nothing else really mattered. (I don't really know what I'm trying to explain, but never mind.)

So we got there at about dinner time and after we checked in we went and explored for a bit. One thing I noticed is the sheer amount of road works and renovations that seemed to be going on. Everywhere I looked there was scaffolding or road signs, I just had to try and not get those bits in the photos. I managed, slightly.
Also Manchester seems to have lots of statues. There’s nothing wrong with this of course, I’ve just never seen so many in one small section of city before. I tried to snap away at as many as possible. I didn’t want to be known as the weird stature stalker girl though. (Not that anyone would have even noticed, but hey.)

After all of the statue excitement we were getting a bit hungry. I don’t know about you, but when I’m somewhere new I like to find a cool, quirky place to go to. Nandos just doesn't cut it. I want somewhere I won’t get to go to again, somewhere I’ll remember. Plus now that I tend to take photos too I need something appealing to the eye.

Ingognito Uk had that and even more. It’s part quirky arty/gadget shop, part funky little café. Honestly you can imagine what I was like when I went inside. I took pictures of every corner practically. I’m doing a separate post on that place because there’s just too many photos to combine it with this one. Plus its just too amazing for words and it deserves its own spot.

After the sandwiches and crepes’ (Oh yes we got crepes) we decided to go back to the hotel and chill for five. I snapped away at some graffiti along the way. I love graffiti when it’s arty and not just someone willy nilly spraying their name somewhere it shouldn't be. I came across some great pieces, and cant believe how talented some people are.











So the whole reason we were in Manchester to start with was because we had tickets to see Tay Tay, or Taylor Swift to you and me. (I don’t know her well enough to shout Tay Tay.) I’ve been to the arena in Manchester once before and had forgotten how big it actually was. We had seats right near the back, but we still had an amazing view.

At times I felt like I was far too old, there were groups of girls everywhere as I'm sure you can imagine. Adorning light up costumes and signs too big for them to carry. Then I’d turn to me left and see a dad that had been dragged by his little daughter and it would make me smile. Honestly I went through some emotions at that concert.

We got given wrist bands which would flash different colours at certain times. I didn't get many good pictures, but I recorded her singing 'shake it off' and the quality is spot on.


Taylor was absolutely amazing. It wasn't even just the singing though. She would stop and chat for a while and the things she was saying I could just relate to. I actually frigging cried. I guess that’s when you know you need help, when you're fighting back tears at a Taylor Swift concert haha.

Sorry this post was so long, I haven't really written properly in a while so I guess I'm just getting everything out there. Stay tuned for the rest of my Manchester trip. I promise I don't get this emotional for all of it haha.

Have any of you been to Manchester recently?

Did any of you scream and cry and laugh at Swifty? (Or just me)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images