Manchester Day 2 - Milkshakes, Books and Dinosaurs.

15:24

The second day my mam and myself spent most of it walking around the town. We spent another good chunk of it trying to find particular places. I’m a planner. When I know I’m going somewhere I hunt out places to go. We had booked to have afternoon tea at a place called Hey Little Cupcake. We spent a good twenty minutes following the maps on our phones to try and find it. I have a separate post on that so I’ll say more about that later.

We also went to The John Rylands Library. Think gorgeous Gothic building full of ancient books and rare manuscripts. I am a massive book nerd, and spending time walking around a huge, antique library makes me feel like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. (I wish) I love exploring places and just finding out something new. I didn’t even know Manchester had this big famous library. The outside looked gorgeous to start with and the inside was a cross between a cathedral and something else. The stained glass windows and the old wooden flooring were amazing. I took so many pictures.

After the library, I dragged my mam on a mission to find a place called Ginger’s Comfort Emporium. If I thought it was hard finding the cupcake place, it was nothing compared to this. It’s located in a place called Afflecks, (Manchester's Northern Quarter) which is basically a cooky, creative shopping centre type place that houses all of these different kinds of cool and eclectic businesses and shops. It took a while to find that. Then when we got inside we were walking around like lost sheep. Honestly we had almost given up until we spotted it poking out of a little corner.


I just knew that I couldn’t go to Manchester without paying a little visit to Ginger's Comfort Emporium and sampling something. Ever since I knew I was going that's the first place I wanted to go. Again, I’ve made a separate post about that so I won’t say too much. Just know that it was probably one of the best milkshakes that I’ve ever tasted and that even a few hours later I was still full after drinking it, and that it affected me when we went for afternoon tea. Boy did I struggle. 











In the evening we were supposed to be going to the Cornerhouse to see a play called Kafka's Monkey, but it got cancelled at the last minute. So instead Geoff (my mam's fiance) came to meet us and we went to the cinema instead.

We went to the Odeon in the Printworks to see Jurassic World. I thought the film was amazing and working at an Odeon myself, I now want to go to each one just once so I can see how different they all are. (Sad I know, but what can you do.)

You can check out the first part of my trip here.

Have any of you been to Manchester lately?
Have you see Jurassic World yet?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images