Sandwiches of Cool at Incognito UK.

01:35

When myself and my mam were in Manchester and dreaming of delectable sandwiches and cakes there was only one place that we wanted to go. I’m saying this as if we hunted the place out, but really we luckily, coincidentally stumbled upon it. You can find it in Stephenson Square, Northern Quarter, Manchester in case you’re wondering.

Incognito UK is the café of dreams. Think quirky mismatched chairs gently nestled in amongst gadgets and arty cards. Think artist’s studio but somewhere you can stop for a cuppa and a bit of food.

Honestly when we walked through the door our eyes were bulging out of our heads. There were just so many interesting things to look at. My fingers were twitching to take some photos that’s for sure. 

Immediately a lovely lady welcomed us and asked us what we fancied. Incognito UK don’t really have a menu as such, I later found one on one of the tables. The lady who served us just asked us what we fancied and she said she would make it for us. I’m not saying ask for lobster or tiramisu or anything, but any sandwich filling, any crepe topping. I think that would have been achieved.

We were the only ones in there, so we just left the table and wandered around the shop whilst our food was being made. I’ve never been somewhere for lunch where I could just get up and have a little browse around. Normally I just have to people watch. ‘People watching’ is amazing though. Looking at funky mugs and weird and fun Knick-knacks is just as good though.

My mam ordered tea and it came in a cool skull teapot. The sugar on the tables was in old fashioned cans. There were just so many different patterns and designs about. You could buy the chairs too, there was one with a duck print which I loved. Various cushions were on the sofa we sat on and you could decorate them yourself with pens which was just fab. There were even glass jars filled with water and little plastic goldfish floating about. The place was just all kinds of cool.

Food wise I ordered a ham, cheese and tomato baguette with salad. It came on a groovy coaster and had some hummus on the side. It tasted great and the bun was fresh. My mam went for a Nutella crepe which came with lots of cream and chocolate sprinkled on the top. 
















It came to about a tenner for the food, tea and a bottle of water which isn't too bad. Like I said, my sandwich tasted great, it wasn't too heavy with the bread and the hummus was a nice touch.

We didn't end up buying anything from the actual shop, but just looking around was good enough for us. If you are in the area and fancy going somewhere different its worth checking this place out. even if you don't fancy food, check out the shop. I know they also do printing and frames and things if you need anything of the sort.

Have any of you been to Incognito UK before?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images