The Most Perfect Sunny Day.

10:17

There’s nothing better than going for a nice little stroll in the sunshine. Poppy (my pooch) and I headed for the little lake next to where we live and just walked around and amongst the flowers.  I’m a homebody and as much as I like going out and exploring places, sometimes I like just sticking close to home. I live next to a nature reserve. There are always so many different trees and plants about and everything keeps changing from one day to the next.

As we’re right into summer now the grass is so green. Normally next to the lake there’s cracked dirt and bare patches, but slowly and surely it’s becoming greener. There were loads of different butterflies about. You should have seen how long it took me to get a picture of one. There were dragonflies too. There’s the massive brown ones that skim over the water and the tiny electric blue ones that glimmer in the sunshine. (I realise this is sounding more and more like a story, but it’s the beauty of the wildlife and I’m just going with it so shhh.) The bees are buzzing and you can hear the crickets in the grass. Honestly for a nature lover like me it’s the most perfect space.

Poppy played in the water and I found sticks to throw in for her. (She’s a big stick lover.) I’m not that fussed myself. I would love to have a little wooden rowing boat and just float out on the water though. I can’t afford a boat though, this isn't the Notebook and plus I don’t actually think the water is deep enough. Apart from that though it’s all good.

Later on in the day my friend Nic came and we ventured further afield. Last year we went down to the stream near the farmer’s fields, (still next to where I live) to swim. We paddled for ages, caught fish in plastic boxes and felt like kids again. We had planned to do the same again this summer but  It was so overgrown. I can’t believe how much. You can’t even walk the same paths. I’m a bit gutted, but there’s nothing I can do. I think were planning on going camping soon so hopefully we can find somewhere with a watering hole that will cure the wild swimming bug for a while.













We found frogs and watched them jump on our palms. They were teeny tiny and you could just catch a glimpse of them out of the corner of your eye. Nic is made on frogs so she was in her element.

It's great being able to just go with the dog and look around. I love that my best mate is into the same things as me too. The two of us just go on random walks everywhere and I love it. The older you get you realise what's important in life and being able to appreciate the little things with a good pal is at the top.

Have any of you been nature walking recently?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images