Explore Cullercoats Bay.

02:48

Cullercoats Bay is the beach of my childhood. I remember days out with school, the picnics and the cold water as we played for hours on end, jumping over the waves. I remember the steps and the little lagoons that would form by the entrances of the caves that are there, the games of mermaids that I would play with my cousins. I honestly hadn't been in years, but when it was finally October and thus dog friendly I just had to go and walk on the sands again.

The place is gorgeous. You have big cliffs at one side, and there are caves that if you’re brave enough, you can have a little wander inside. I’m not sure if they go that far, but still. There are a couple of piers that you can walk along. The view from them is quite amazing. They have the huge steps next to the life guard hut and honestly just thinking about the place always fills me with nostalgia. I think it’s my most perfect favourite beach spot in the North East. It’s simple and easy and just…well I could go on and on, but I won’t.

So I went with Lillian (My mother) and we took Poppy so she could just run around and play with the other doggies. Anyone else that has a pooch will know the struggles when you go on to a beach. It’s like doggy day care. Every dog and their mother are out and sometimes when you have a runaway dog; it’s a bit of a nightmare. Poppy is much better now though, and comes back when we call…most of the time.

We wandered on the beach for a while before stopping off at Beaches and Cream for a hot chocolate. Oh My God! I’m dying to go inside Beaches and Cream and just go crazy with my camera. The place looks fabulous, even the pastel bunting outside has me all giddy. One of these days I will do it. I just have to.


The weather started off pretty cloudy, and then by mid-afternoon it was like a summers day. We went for chips and then explored some of the rock pools for a bit. I love a bit of rock pooling. I just don’t think there’s an age when you don’t like it anymore. In fact I refuse to believe it.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. We never make it on to the beach at Cullercoats because we are just so obsessed with Beaches and Cream we instantly get distracted and end up just sitting in there eating our body weight in ice-cream sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read your post all about Beaches and Cream and it made me want to go even more. I don't know how long I can hold myself off. The hot chocolate was amazing so their ice cream sundaes must be something else entirely :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images