Flashback Friday: London Sights by Boat.

04:49


When: July 2014
Where: London Baby (said in the voice of Joey Tribiani)

I had never been to London before then I went twice last year. The first time was to see Stevie Wonder playing the Calling Festival at Clapham Common. That was such an amazing experience. No doubt I’ll put those photos up in the near future.

The second time was for a little family city break.

These pictures are from then, or more specifically photos taken from one of the sightseeing cruises that you can take along the River Thames.


I remember it being a hot, sticky day, and getting onto the boat after being sat on stuffy buses and tubes was a dream quite frankly. Even though the boat was full I still felt like I could stretch out and just watch the world pass by. It was good to sit down and let someone else guide your eyes for a bit. (I sound like the World's laziest tourist.)

We had a great tour guide who cracked jokes there and back for the whole journey, whilst still giving us facts about the landmarks and various attractions as we passed them. For me this part of the trip was mainly about the buildings. It was about the fancy office blocks we passed, or the gorgeous bridges and the history behind them. It was seeing the sunlight hit the Shard and seeing the Globe Theatre



We couldn't have planned it any better. The Tower Bridge way opening just as we reached it. As you can imagine I took about a million photos.


This was a great way to see a lot of London without having to walk about and fight the crowds. I would highly recommend it. Plus you could get on and off a various stops along the way if you only wanted to see certain things.

We got the tickets included with ones we already had for the tour buses too which was a bonus. The weather was totally on our side. I know I may have complained (ever so slightly) that I was too hot, it made the photo taking that much better though.

Have any of you been to London or done the whole river cruise thing?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images