Walking in a Winter Wonderland (kind of.)

01:50



I've been waiting and waiting and hoping and dreaming of snow this winter. Seeing people from other parts of the country with white blanketed pictures was turning me nothing short of green.

Finally today, I saw the slightest hint of some frostiness and armed with Poppy and my phone I practically galloped along the fields snapping away at trees and shrubs.


We live quite close to a nature reserve and beyond that there's numerous fields and trees and watering holes, so it was the perfect opportunity to get some (kind of) wintry pics.


The stream is like my secret little spot. No one ever goes there, that's quite possibly due to the barbed wired fence or the massive hills you have to climb to get to it. Last Summer, my friend and I went fishing and even had a paddle in its glorious waters. I can't wait for it to get hotter so we can do the same this year.

I can't believe how magical it looked with a little bit of frost sprinkled over it.

I've been walking these same paths for the last five years, yet I never fail to find something different. The trees never look the same, there's always a different angle.

I guess what I'm saying is sometimes the nicest places are right on our doorsteps, we just need to look at them properly.

Do any of you have a favourite spot for walking?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images