Biscuit Factory Wedding Fair Shenanigans.

00:00



It’s just gone two weeks since we went to the wedding fair that was being held at the Vermont. It’s probably two weeks too many, as yesterday we found ourselves checking out the one that was being held at the Biscuit Factory. (I think this will definitely be the year of the wedding fair.)

It was my mam, myself and my gal pal Nic who went. This experience was slightly different to the one at the Vermont. There were a lot more people there and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel a bit uncomfortable at times. I think the main thing is when I get approached by people who are assuming I’m the bride. I should just shrug it off, but I’m a shy bairn. Really I should be laughing; anyone that knows me would know just how far away I am from marriage.


It wasn’t so bad though and we were still able to potter about looking at the different stands.  I noticed a few of the same ones from the previous fair and many more new ones. We left it a bit late to get to this one so didn’t have a lot of time to look around in as much detail. The highlight was definitely the makeup masterclass though.

There were loads of those trendy clear plastic chairs facing a stage where there was a little dressing table and lights. Amanda Bell an elite makeup artist was there talking about bridal makeup and how to achieve a flawless face for the big day. She’s styled the likes of Jessica Biel and Sienna Miller which was way impressive. She talked about contouring, making an impact with eyes and what to do with lips instead of just smearing lipstick on. There were pencils and paper with faces drawn on them to make notes and things. It was a nice touch and worth the visit for that alone.


At this event too, the bride got a goody bag. I’m a sucker for a goody bag. Although it wasn’t for me I still raided my mam’s when we got home and pinched a gorgeous print exclusive to the Biscuit Factory, a cd and a stress ball among other things.


Prosecco was nowhere to be seen but they did have a fully stocked bar. We opted for fruit juice at just £1 each. (Not like us I know.) What was great about it though was that it bubbled inside the glass. It felt more like an expensive swish cocktail.

I also took a bit of an interest in the vehicles that were there. Sure they had the obvious wedding style car with the bows on the front, but I was more interested in the alternative stuff. There was a stunning baby blue VW van pictured below. It had a photo booth inside. That's transport and entertainment in one. I'd love something like that. There was also a pizza van, I mean that's just amazing having a fast food van at your wedding. 


All in all it was a good day out. I like that fact that it was different to the Vermont. If I'm going to be going to a few of these I don't want them to all be the same, or I'll get bored pretty fast. So far it's been good. Now I just can't wait to go to the next one. I've already sussed it out and found out the date, so bring it on.

Did any of you go to the wedding fair at the Biscuit Factory?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images