Milkshakes and Bowling at Lane7.

00:00




Sometimes you just need somewhere a bit fun and different to go on a Sunday night. After working all weekend I was dying to just go home and slap my pjs on, but beforehand a quick trip the the bowling alley was in order.

Lane7 is like the cooler older brother of your average bowling place. It’s got a dark colour scheme with lots of exposed walls, wooden floors, and metal pipes sticking out from all directions. To me it’s a place that looks cool, knows its cool, and does so without even trying. The bowling balls are phenomenal. They look like giant versions of pool balls. I know it doesn't make a difference to your play, but it's an added something something that makes the place special.

As well as bowling you can partake in pool, ping pong and karaoke among other things. They also do great food.



This was my third visit to Lane7. This time we went upstairs which I’d never been to before. I’d like to say that my bowling skills may have improved, but if anything I think they were worse. We went as a family the four of us. Me, my mam, her fella and my brother. Normally when we go we have jokey names on the scoreboard. I’m gutted that Lane7 get you to write the names down on paper. There was no way I was writing the silly ones down, we would have gotten some right strange looks.




It was slightly busy when we went. Three of the four lanes were occupied. We had a young couple beside us which I’m guessing were on a date (awww) and a pair of overly keen lads on the other. I’m sorry but I had to keep stopping myself from laughing as they were getting way into it. One of them was knelt on the floor at one point. I don’t know why they didn’t just smash the bowling ball hard off the floor like I was doing?


We got milkshakes whilst we played. They do a mean milkshake at Lane7. If anything else the flavours they do are somewhat different to your average bland vanilla. We went for Mint Cookie, Classic Strawberry and Coco Fudge. They were flipping amazing. They come in those posh milkshake glasses and have stripey paper straws and things. Definitely worth a try if you’re ever over for a spot of bowling. They were £3.95 each.


We tried to get an extra game in, but sadly the lanes were all booked. We only decided to go a few hours beforehand so that's probably why. It was nice just to have a quick game though.

I'd love to go back and get food. I didn't realise they also do snack type things like corn dogs and sweet potato fries (I've just been looking at the menu properly) I'll definitely be trying those next time. 

It was £6 each to bowl and I'd advise you to book, or you might end up in the same boat that we were.

What do you think of Lane7?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images