Cake and Biscuits at the Factory Kitchen.

03:28



When you’re at a wedding fair at the Biscuit Factory and it’s drawing to a close, you’re feeling peckish and the wind is picking up outside. (Just trying to set the scene there for you a bit) You don’t want to have to walk into the town centre and quite frankly, your stomach wouldn’t thank you for it. There’s only one place to go.

The Factory Kitchen is a trendy little café that is situated inside the Biscuit Factory. There’s just something cool about browsing around a gallery, admiring the sculptures and fine works of art, and then heading straight into a quirky little space to eat.


It boasts comfy sofas and cracked glass tables. There’s high stools overlooking the panoramic views of the Tyne. Gorgeous prints and potted plants contrast with the exposed brick walls. It’s somewhere I would imagine cultured people to go, maybe someone sitting alone drinking herbal tea and reading a classic novel. (Wish I could be that person.) Or maybe just me, my mother and my friend (Nichola) when we need somewhere fast and our tummy’s are rumbling.


They have a glass display so you can admire the cakes and sweet treats on offer. I love it when places do this. I have a major sweet tooth and love looking at huge slabs of cake and chocolaty concoctions.

We went for hot chocolate (I’m becoming a bit obsessed) and tiffin. I hadn’t even heard of tiffin before. Now I know what it is though, and now I know I love it. I went for a coconut one and Nichola went for rocky road. My mother just had to be different and got some kind of almond biscuit.


The hot chocolate was immense. When you get asked if you want marshmallows and cream just always say yes. There really is no other way to have hot chocolate. The spoons they came with were bent and fitted over the side of the glass which was such a cool touch. I’d love some of them for home. 


I liked that it wasn’t overly full. We were in there quite a while and everyone had pretty much left by the time we had finished. It just meant I could take photos without people looking at me in confusion mid sip.

They do other food like salads and lighter bites. We saw a couple sharing a delectable looking cheeseboard. I’m not a big cheese fan, but it looked really good. They do afternoon tea too. I mean it must be fate. I frikkin’ love afternoon tea. They are doing a special one for Mother’s Day, which I’m really tempted by.


It was a nice place to go late Sunday afternoon. The atmosphere was relaxed and chilled and it was good just sitting and sipping on hot chocolate watching the day go by.  It cost about £17 for three drinks and three cakey treats which isn’t too bad either.

Have any of you been to the Factory Kitchen?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images