Wedding Fair the 3rd at St. James' Park.

10:17

Well I think I’m getting quite used to this wedding fair malarkey. This one at St. James’ Park was packed with people. As usual it took me a few minutes or so to get used to feeling crammed in, but as soon as I got a pint of cider in my hand I mellowed out a bit. (Funny that.)

It was myself, my mam and my Aunty Claire who went again. As soon as we got there we spotted a tombola stand. First ticket that Claire pulled out won her a veil. We spent a good five minutes later on in the bar trying it on and taking silly pictures.

Like I say in all of these posts, you kind of get the same businesses that go to the fairs. Don’t get me wrong though, they have amazing things on offer. There is always something different too. I don’t know if they do this on purpose knowing that some brides will go to every fair available and not wanting them to get bored. This one had a roulette table and racing car games. There were times written along the top with everyone’s laps written down. I think that would be an amazing thing to have. It’s very cool and different.  For me though, this fair was all about the hair trials and the dresses.

My mam has already got most of the big things sorted now. I guess the main thing she needs to concentrate on is finding a wedding dress though. We spent a good bit of time looking at all of the dresses that were on offer. A lot of them had lace detailing and looked like old school Hollywood Glamour, which I think looks so regal and gorgeous.

I’m not going to lie a lot of them had hefty price tags, but it’s still good to get the ideas flowing. There was a dedicated bridesmaid area too, wasn’t really sure what that was all about mind you. I did spot some racks with the most beautiful pastel coloured dresses though.

There was also a fashion show. Designs were those by Jenny Packham amongst others. All of the seats were taken about an hour before the show had even started. (I hate it when that happens.) We could still see from where we were standing though so it wasn’t too bad. The dresses were lovely, some a bit odd. One was practically see through except for strategically placed patches of lace. There were a couple of lads modelling suits too which no one complained about.












We stopped by a stand called Pure Elegance where there were lots of hairstyles modelled on plastic heads. There was also a girl in the middle of getting a quick hair trial. We spent the majority of the time here and my mam even got her hair done by a lovely girl called Faz. I think she might be keen on trying to book her for the wedding. This is a big step as we have all been umming and ahhing over what to do about hair and makeup. So hopefully something will come out of it. Her hair looked lovely. It was a big quiff at the front with jewels and pearls in it too.

Afterwards we headed next door to Nine, (formally Shearer's Bar I think) to carry on the planning and also get a couple more drinks.

Time is going quite fast and there's only really a few more months to fit in some more wedding fairs. I've got the next two marked on the calendar. After that I think I'll have to go hunting around for more. What can I say? I just love trying free samples of cake.

Did any of you go to the wedding fair at St. James' Park?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images