Flashback Friday: The Cruise Part 2. (The Ports)

10:12

When: 2007
Where: The Caribbean

Last week I talked about the cruise ship that I went on that one time. (Not at band camp I promise.) This week I want to talk about the different ports that we visited and the things that we did. I wish I could still remember the proper route for the ship, but my memory isn’t that good. I’ve tried looking on the Royal Caribbean International website but in eight years I think the routes have changed ever so slightly.

Basically all I have to go on is my memory and looking at the photos I have. Tracy (my stepmam) was good in that she took photos of most of the signs when we reached the ports so I have a vague Idea.

So in no particular order these are the kind of things that we got up to. I’ll start with my favourite one. Going to Jamaica and climbing the Dunn’s River Falls. Oh my Gosh, this was an experience and a half. You basically got into a massive line with everyone and you all helped each other climb up through the waterfall. I’m scared of heights so was a bit dubious in places. It was just magnificent though. I love being in the water and being surrounded by nature.You got to stop at certain points and take photos too. One of my favourite is of the family all laughing when the water is splashing us. So yes, if you ever find yourself in the Ocho Rios region then do check it out, it’s definitely one for the bucket list. In Jamaica we also went to Montego Bay to do a spot of shopping and have some lunch. Which shops and which restaurant we went to, I don’t have the foggiest, but the thought is there.

I remember we went jet skiing somewhere too. I was so scared. I went on with my brother, and I had to drive it (if that's even the right word.) We kept hitting the water hard and just not getting in sync. We were always behind the rest of the group, it was hilarious. They also kept calling us the ‘girls at the back’ because of my brother’s longer hair. (it’s amazing what you don’t forget.)

We went on a catamaran. I love going on boats and things and just being out on the water. I don’t remember much of it, except sunbathing and just chilling. A lot of the trips were just to beaches to have a swim about, maybe a bbq on the beach. That’s what holidays are all about anyways, the relaxing. Haiti, Labadee was one of those places. It is a bay actually leased by the Royal Caribbean International until 2050. It was a gorgeous private area with white sands and sparkling waters. Lots of Caribbean music playing, and ice cold drinks being served.


















I do remember going to one place for a drink and they had massive signs all over the place with funny sayings on them. Like the ones shown above. I like quirky places like that.

It would be a dream come true to get to go on another cruise one day. Even just going to Jamaica and exploring it more would be absolutely amazing. I realise how privileged I've been to get to go in the first place, so a second time would just be a bonus.

Have any of you been to Jamaica or climbed the Dunn's River Falls maybe?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images