Flashback Friday: The Rest of London.

05:48

When: 2014
Where: London

I’ve already talked about the trips I took to London last year. The first one was with my best bud Nic, where we went to the CallingFestival to see Stevie Wonder. It has to be one of the best experiences of my life. I mean when am I ever going to see Stevie again? (Probably never.)

The second time was a family trip to see the sights of London. We saw quite a lot of them by boat. It was such a hot day and just relaxing on a boat with the wind blowing was amazing. Me being me, I crammed as many things as possible into the three days that we were there.

We saw the usual sights like Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and the other ‘proper’ things to see when in London. We also did other things. I researched places to eat and different parts of London that we could visit. I kid you not I made an itinerary so we knew exactly where to go and how to get there. When we were there we didn’t follow it completely, but it helped us out an awful lot.

Some highlights for me were definitely going to Harrods. I’m not a massive shopper, but you have to see Harrods at least once. My brother and I spent a good hour or so just going from floor to floor and looking at everything. We went to the Ice Cream Parlour and got milkshakes. I couldn’t leave without paying a little visit to Laduree and getting some macaroons too. They were delicious, and also expensive. I knew I would get some when I went though, so it was a little treat. We ate them that night when we got back to our apartment.

I also loved seeing Wicked at the Apollo. It was just spectacular and I can’t really do it justice with words. You just have to see it for yourself. The part with ‘Defying Gravity’ left me with goosebumps.

Madame Tussaud’s was another highlight. I’ll admit I was embarrassed getting my photo taken with the fake celebrities, but after a while I stole a photo or two. I can’t believe how alike some of the models look. My mam also took a photo where she was lounging on top of fake George Clooney.  















We went to a really cool place for food one night called Bar.B.Q Lobstershack in Covent Garden. Think massive plates of meat, ribs, chops, chips... We even got little plastic bibs to wear so we didn't get sauce all over ourselves. 

I love London. I hate how overcrowded it is. I probably could never live there myself. I do love to visit for a few days though. It's nice seeing all of the sights and just being somewhere different for a while. It's such a big place and there's still so much more I've got to see. It just means I'll have to go back again. Which I don't mind one bit whatsoever.

Have any of you been to London recently?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images