Gourmet Burger Kitchen Bromance.

00:00

If there’s ever times when it‘s just me and my brother, usually if I drag him to the Metro Centre with me (he’s surprisingly good at picking out clothes) or if we fancy doing that whole brother/sister bonding thing, and we’re hungry, we always (pretty much) end up going to Gourmet BurgerKitchen.

I’ve spoken about the place before when I went for a Galentine’s day (look it up) date with some gal pals. Well a few months have gone by since then and we both needed our burger fix.

GBK always have amazing burgers. What’s even better is they always have different menus and new things to try. There’s nothing worse than only having the same things to choose from on a menu.

At the moment they have their summer menu out. Or Peter’s Menu as it is also known. Peter Gordon created the original Gourmet Burger Kitchen menu back in 2001 when GBK opened their first restaurant. Years later he is still creating amazing burgers and experimenting with different flavours. His new menu is nothing short of glorious. Think summery homemade slaw, succulent duck burgers, sweet potato fries and banana milkshakes.

Just reading back through it, I don’t know why I didn’t order the full menu. I’m trying to be healthy so went for a burger and slaw. I did order the slaw from Peter’s menu though and my god it tasted amazing. There was mint, pomegranate and sumac in it. It was really refreshing and sweet. My burger was just a cheeseburger. Calling it ‘just a burger’ is an insult though. The meat is tender, there’s homemade relish and mayo, gooey cheese and salad. It’s far from ‘just a burger’. If any of you have tried it, you will totally understand.

My brother went for the sweet potato fries with the baconnaise sauce. He let me try a couple and it took a lot of strength not to just push him aside and eat the whole lot myself. (They are my favourite.) His burger was the blazing sombrero which is smoked applewood, chorizo relish, tortilla chips, house mayo, rocket and pickled onion served in a brioche bun. I can’t handle the spice so I would be no good with a burger like that. He doubled the pattie too. I don’t know how he has the stomach for it. I could barely eat the full burger and the slaw, never mind an extra one.

We nibbled on the free peanuts that you can get at GBK too. For my drink I usually get water, but they have lots of fizz drinks on the menu that sound quite posh, so I thought I’d try one for a change. I went for the strawberry and elderflower fizz. They also have others such as ginger and lemongrass. You can also get homemade cloudy lemonade.


The drink was cool and refreshing I liked how it had big chunks of lemon and lime in it and mint leaves too. It was a nice touch.












The meal came to about £29. I know my brother has the GBK app so he was able to get a free dip or side I think. This was with us ordering his massive burger which was about £13 on its own. I know they have a lunch menu with cheaper burgers and deals. It just depends what you want to go for and how much you are willing to pay. My mam actually treated us to this so technically the whole thing was free for us.

Next time, healthy eating or not I want to get my chops around that duck confit burger. In fact, the whole of Peter's menu to be honest. I'd never turn that slaw down. You can order the full menu for £17.95. You have to try it once, well I do anyways...

Have any of you been to GBK recently?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images