Flashback Friday: The Cruise Part 3. (The Parks)

05:01

When: 2007
Where: Orlando, Florida

In 2007 I went on a dream Cruise holiday. I’m not saying this to brag, it’s simply more a case of looking back on it with fondness, and remembering some good time. You can see the first and second part of the trip in my previous posts.

So this week I’m going to talk about leaving the cruise, about going to Florida, Orlando and Disney, behaving like a big massive kid and just getting excited about anything and everything.

We went with the family, rented a car and stayed in a villa for a week and a bit. I loved the villa. Don’t get me wrong, staying at a top notch, the best that money can buy, Disney hotel would have been out of this world, but the villa was amazing. I loved how open plan it all was, the little pool and Jacuzzi, how massive the fridge was. That’s one of the first things you’ll notice in America, everything is bloomin’ huge.

I loved the trips we took to the supermarket, looking at all of the American food, huge cartons of orange juice and milk. Trust me to mention a dream holiday to Florida, and talk about the food more than anything else.

As far as what we actually did when we were there, I can’t remember every detail since it was so long ago. I know we went to the theme parks though. (Disney and Universal Studios being the main ones.) I love a bit of Disney (So far in this post I think I’ve mentioned the word about a million times) More than that though I just love theme parks. I love going on scary roller coasters and motion rides and just anything that makes me feel like an excited kid for a while.

What I love about the parks in Orlando is how much they focus on details. I love waiting in the queues and seeing props, or when they have staff setting the scene for you, or you're all gathered in a room, watching a video before going on a ride. I just love it. Just thinking about it is making me want to go so badly. My friend Lynsey is going in a couple of weeks and I’m so jealous.

I love looking at the maps and deciding where to go, I love running around like an idiot trying to beat people to the queue. The souvenir shops at the end are amazing to browse in and when they show you your silly face on the screen when they took a sneaky picture, I cringe so badly.

Half of the rides that we went on aren’t even there anymore. The Jaws one being one of my favourites. I’m so scared and fascinated by sharks and you basically got to go around on a tour boat with a guide and the shark kept popping out of the water. It had the crazy scary music on too.

We spent time at the water parks. Disney’s Blizzard Beach seems to have taken up a lot of film (how old school) I think we did use a disposable water camera though so nothing would get ruined. I love Blizzard beach as it looks like a skiing resort with snow capped mountains , yet its so hot. I remember getting snow cones and spending hours floating along the lazy river. 















I've been wanting to plan a trip to go back to Orlando for years now. It's just a matter of funds. I'm desperate to go and see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Plus I'd love to just see whats new. After eight years, there must be so many different things.

Maybe I should start saving my pennies. I mean you can't put a price on being able to act like a kid for a while.

Have any of you been to Orlando lately?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images