Hot Drinks and Hot Cakes at Kuppa Coffee.

00:00

I went through all of my Groupon vouchers the other day and besides having about fifty ones for afternoon tea at different places (I’m joking, but the majority of them were for that.) I had one for a place called Kuppa Coffee.

So on Friday I thought I’d treat my brother to a little hot beverage. The deal I had was £5 for two hot drinks with a sandwich or cake. Already I was onto a winner. (A fiver for two people in town, I mean that’s great.)

Kuppa Coffee is a gorgeous little cafe at St. Mary’s Place Newcastle. I had heard of it a while ago and had been meaning to use my voucher ever since. It’s a teeny tiny place in a basement which you may miss if you don’t look close enough.

The décor is gorgeous. It’s rustic and quirky at the same time. I love how there are different sections. There’s brick looking wallpaper. A white wall filled with different sized photographs. Where we were sitting the wall was covered with artificial flowers. I’ve never seen anything like it before.

There was only one other couple when we went in. It was nice, quiet and peaceful. There’s mismatched sofas and plush looking arm chairs. There’s even a big blackboard which I’m guessing people can draw on as there was a cartoon from Zelda on it when we were there.

It just has loads of character and individual touches. I noticed a menu on the wall that was printed on a bamboo mat. There were quirky things everywhere. Even our mugs and plates were a little more than ordinary.

Kuppa Coffee is more than just decoration though. As you can probably guess they are mad on their coffee. I was reading that they have a special group of ‘coffee councilors’ who get together and decide on the blends they use and what not. They also work with reputable companies to bring the best coffee beans from around the World. I’m not a coffee fan in the slightest I hate the stuff, but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate it. Plus they have hot chocolate, that more than makes up for the fact I hate coffee.

As soon as we entered Kuppa Coffee, the guy behind the counter was lovely, he helped us straight out and brought our drinks and things over for us. I got hot chocolate with a slice of lemon drizzle cake. Nathan went for a white mocha with a slice of toffee millionaire cake.


The cake tasted amazing, it was a generous portion size and it had been warmed up. The cream in the middle was oozing out. (Oh its making me hungry just thinking about it.) The hot chocolate was top notch too. It came in a nice little mug, topped with marshmallows and cream. You know that’s the only way to have hot chocolate.  











We only popped in for a quick stop, but its the kind of place where you could just sit for a while and relax. I loved the fact that it wasn't heaving. I could have quite happily sat there all day just reading a book and sipping on hot chocolate. If they had someone that could swap my empty cup for a full one and my plate too then hey that would be heaven. Its a good job that doesn't happen though or I'd probably never leave the place.

If you've never been to Kuppa Coffee they are definitely worth a spy. Even better if you are a coffee connoisseur and only want the best. If you're like me though, grab a hot chocolate. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Have any of you been to Kuppa Coffee?
What's your drink of choice?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images