The 4 Mile Nature Walk.

03:41

I’ve taken it upon myself to try and be healthier and do more exercise. (It might have something to do with being able to fit into a too small bridesmaid dress, but who knows.) So the other day I managed to persuade my brother to come with me on a 4 mile walk. I hadn’t completed one yet so wasn’t sure how long it would take, or if I’d even be able to do it.

We got in the car and parked it next to where we sometimes take Poppy (our Labrador) for a walk. Then we just went for it. Not really knowing where we were going or where we would end up. He had a backpack filled with snacks (healthy) and bottles of water. We really weren’t taking any chances. I’m sure I thought it was a four day trek never mind four mile.

It was a lovely day, to start with it was cloudy and rain was spitting, but then all of a sudden the sun was out and it was glorious. We literally just kept walking in and out of nooks, over fields, past ruined houses, passed amazing, too posh, would die to have a look inside houses. We spotted sheep and cows and even the odd pony just casually grazing.

I’ll admit at times it was hard to see where the route was going when you were faced with more than one way to go. You had to decide if you were on some farmer’s private property or indeed still on the right path. As soon as you found those little public walking path signs though all was good.

We passed a little stream and I had been good by not taking any photos. I just wanted to enjoy something for once without having to document it. Well, obviously I didn’t last very long. I only took a couple though and it was near the end of the walk. It was nice just relaxing and enjoying the stroll.













We struggled getting 1 mile done. I think it was mostly because we kept looking at the phone, checking the time and the distance. (rookie mistake) Then when we got into a bit of a routine and started to really find the path it became a lot easier. We managed it in 1hr 35mins. I don't know if thats good, or average, or what. I felt good after I had done it though. It wasn’t until we got home that I started feeling tired, and like I'd love nothing more than a little nap.


Overall though it wasn’t too bad and since then I’ve been on a good few other long walks, mostly with Poppy in tow, because it just doesn’t feel right not taking her, when I know she loves being outside.

Have any of you been walking anywhere nice recently?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images