Another Little Beamish Trip.

06:38

Not Thursday just gone, but the Thursday before, myself and my mam took Poppy back to Beamish for another wander around. It was another one of my 4 mile walk kind of days and I thought the change of scenery would be good.

It was totally different to the last time we went. Then it was a lovely sunny day, we stopped for drinks and ice cream. This time was more business, more about just power walking around whilst still having a little nose about the place. The weather wasn’t as picturesque. This time we spent a lot of time looking around Pockerley Old Hall  and also up at Home Farm checking out the animals and the old farmhouse.

I love Pockerley Old Hall. It represents the home of a wealthy farmer in the 1800’s. I love looking in all of the rooms, checking out the old fashioned furniture, the dusty smell in the air. It’s just great seeing what it would have looked like back in the day. There’s a gorgeous garden too. They grow herbs and things and it overlooks the countryside below. It’s the kind of house I’d love to live in. (with today’s technology and advancements of course.) I pottered about looking in and out of all of the different rooms whilst my mam kept Poppy entertained outside.

Home Farm is beautiful too. The animals were all out. I watched a little lamb rubbing itself against a drain pipe, to scratch an itch I’m guessing. They were just so cute. They have cows and geese and chickens and all of the animals that you’d usually associate with a farm. Again, I left my mam and Poppy so they could go and get some chips whilst I tried to get as much walking done as possible. I didn’t go into the actual farm house as I was too preoccupied with the animals. (I’m a big kid at heart.)


We spent a little bit of time at Pockerley Waggonway too just watching the steam train come and go. It was there that we spotted a pig. (Again with the animals) We spent a good five minutes talking to it (as you do) and Poppy even tried to have a little look.
















We still had to treat Poppy to her little ice cream. Obviously we just gave her a couple of licks. I mean as much as she would love a full one, I know she isn't allowed it.

Beamish always puts me in a good mood, it makes me feel like a little kid. It's just one of those places that you can go to again and again and you just never get bored. There's always a little detail that you missed or something new going on.

I'm just looking forward to my next little trip. Those season tickets come in handy that's for sure.

Have any of you been to Beamish Museum recently?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images