The Bank Holiday Dog Walk.

00:00

Bank Holiday Monday just gone, most people would be either sitting in a beer garden chilling, maybe doing a bit of DIY around the house. Well I was trying to convince my dog Poppy that it would be a good idea to go for a long ass walk. I say trying to convince her, I’m not a crazy dog lady who talks to her dog. When she’s continuously pulling on the lead and getting me to stop every five minutes. I start to plead with her though.

It wasn’t really that bad. It always starts off good, and then on the way back, hell even I start to lag after we’ve been going for an hour or so. I doubt she’d carry me back like I do her though. I say carry, but I managed a couple of steps. For having little legs, she’s still very stocky and heavy. I tried my best though.

So yeah, I decided to just walk around next to where I live. If I continue walking upwards, it takes me past lots of farmer’s fields, little nature paths surrounded by trees and then if you keep going all the way up you get to Tanfield Railway and Bowes Railway I think. Well that’s what the sign says anyways. How far up you actually have to go I’m not too sure. We didn’t get that far, but we were heading in the right direction.

It was a nice walk, the sun wasn’t really out but it was warm. There were numerous things along the way to make it a bit more exciting. We passed sculptures of birds and even came to a nice bench that had been carved out of wood. Naturally Poppy stopped for a little sit down, and of course I was the weirdo that took loads of pictures of her doing it.

You know by now, that I’m always out and about walking, especially with having Poppy. It’s more than that though; I just like being outside surrounded by nature. I could do without all of the flies that have turned up out of nowhere, but still the actual walking about and soaking up the sun always makes me feel better.


I loved the different colours that were about. The grey sky against the yellow of the rapeseed in the fields, and then the orange in the bushes, it was more than just greenery everywhere. 














There was a cool little walkway that had mosaic pieces with flowers growing around it which I thought looked so pretty. It's all about the little things.

This just makes me want to go to one of the railway stations. I've never been before and I'm curious to see how long it would take me to walk there. According to Google maps it will take about 11 - 15 minutes in the car. Who knows maybe I'll try getting there on my next walk. Whether I take Poppy I'm not too sure. She likes the look of that bench and I don't think I'll be able to tear her away from it so easily next time.

How did you spend your Bank Holiday?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images