Classy Grub at the Angel View Inn.

00:00

For a change I decided to treat my mam to a meal the other day. It doesn’t happen often, so when it does, well you just go with it. We decided to go to the Angel View Inn. This is where my mam and Geoff are getting married in a few months. She wanted to show me the room for the wedding and plus we wanted to see what the food was like as we’ve never eaten there before.

Well, the room is nice. It’s hard to say what it will look like until it’s decorated in their style. First impressions are good though. 

The Angel View Inn is kind of in the countryside, but yet close enough to local roads and things. Its right next to the Angel of the North and you can see it in the background when you pull up. I love the outside as the rooms look like something from an American motel or something. (Obviously a lot less sinister though.)

Inside it’s gorgeous. It’s a bit like an old fashioned pub, yet a stylish, modern converted barn if that makes any sense. There’s lots of dark leather seating and dark wood, then exposed beige brickwork and funky lighting. I’ve decided these are the kind of places I like the best. I like the traditional aspect of it, but it’s not stifling and too old fashioned.

The place wasn’t too busy and we felt like we could just chill and talk which was nice.

I went for the grilled salmon with hollandaise sauce, boiled potatoes and buttered greens. There was a struggle going on in my brain that’s for sure. I wanted nothing more than to get a nice big juicy burger and then some cakey pudding for dessert. I’m trying to be healthier though so salmon was the best option. It tasted amazing I’m not going to lie. It looked great on the plate with the sauce in a little jug and a slice of lemon on the side. It just tasted healthy. You know when you eat something and you feel great afterwards because it’s done you some good. Well that.


My mam went for a chicken burger. You could imagine that looked even better. The chips came in a bucket and the little potted dips, the onion rings too. Oh if mine didn't taste so nice I would have been gutted I wasn’t having what she was having.












Sadly we didn't get any dessert. Next time I'm going to treat myself though as the menu sounded amazing.

It cost £25 for both of us which isn't too bad for the quality of the grub. Granted it's not somewhere I could go every day for those prices, but for a one off treat it was fine. 

It was good just having some mother daughter bonding time and talking about the wedding. Next time I'm definitely getting pudding though, no doubt about it.

Have any of you been to the Angel View Inn?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images