The North Shields Fish Quay and Sunshine.

05:26

Summer is nearly over. The weather will be getting colder. Bright, sunny days will be a distant memory. So when you do get a spot of sunshine it’s only right that you spend it outdoors. If it’s by the sea, then to me, that’s even better.

I went with the family and the pup the other day to the North Shields Fish Quay. It’s a working port used for fishermen and boats among other things. There are an abundance of restaurants too ranging from sea food (as you’d expect) to tapas. As it was sunny there were people dining alfresco (Only right really) I love the buzz and the atmosphere and dare I say it the stalls and shops bursting with sea creatures. The smells I’m not too keen on though.

I’ve been to the Fish Quay a few times. It’s a great place to just go and walk. There is a lot to keep your attention. I’ve been to one of the many huge second hand shops they have, which I think are only open on a weekend. They have hordes of old fashion furnishings. Every time it makes me wish I lived in a manor somewhere where such pieces would fit in.

I’ve wanted to go back for ages to take some good photos. When we went though, the main harbour bit just wasn’t cooperating with my phone (I’m not classy enough to have one of those posh professional cameras) I did manage to get some pictures of some of the buildings though. I think sometimes the buildings and architecture can make a place.

Since we had Poppy we went onto the beach as well to let her have a run around. There was a dog walker there with loads of other dogs so as you can imagine Poppy was in her element. We just watched them running around for a while. She actually went quite far into the water. Not enough to swim, but it’s definitely progress.

There were two old men fishing by the pier, we walked past and got ice lollies from a nearby van. It was nice just sitting in the sunshine listening to the waves; the squawking seagulls and watching the world go by.


Before we left we got some seafood, mussels for tea and crab claws to eat right away. I had never tasted them before and thought they were top notch. I might have to just get a tray to myself next time. (Slightly greedy maybe) 















We went back home and had the mussels which were amazing. I'd love to go to one of the restaurants at the Quay. There's a great looking fish and chips one. I don't eat that much sea food really and I'd love to go to a proper seafood place and try something new.

I wouldn't mind taking a little ferry trip along the river too. maybe from South Shield to North Shields and vice versa.

Have any of you been to North Shields Fish Quay recently?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images