The Wedding of Mr and Mrs Grieves 29/08/15

08:04

It’s amazing how fast time goes. It doesn't seem like two minutes when it was January/February time and my mam and Geoff had decided to set a date for their wedding. I can’t actually believe that its came and gone. All the hard work and planning, now what? Well happy memories and not having to worry about fitting into a bridesmaid dress anymore. (Amen to that)

The day was perfect. Everything seemed to go by without a hitch. I may have slightly had a bit too much Asti on the morning and felt queasy. I might also have been sick a couple of minutes before walking down the aisle, but shhh let’s just keep that between us. (Classy lady.)

It was just lovely for me to see my mam so smiley. Geoff is a lovely man and he makes her very happy. They both deserve to be content and they both had an amazing day which is what it’s all about.

I didn't really take many pictures myself. I don’t even know how, I’m normally all over the photo taking, but I must have been preoccupied. I don’t even think I got a photo taken with the happy couple. (Never mind)

There were photographers on hand Beth and Emma, who were both fabulous. My mam just kind of told them some snaps she wanted taken and then they were let loose to do anything else they wanted. They had ones when we were all grouped together and throwing confetti which was a laugh.

The meal was one of the best parts of the day for me. (Me loving food…sounds about right.) That’s one thing I did manage to get some pictures of. It just tasted absolutely amazing. Just thinking about it now is making me hungry. They got married at The Angel View Inn which has the most delicious food anyways.

We had ham hock for starters. It came with a little bit of salad and had this amazing vinaigrette on it. I ate the lot, which I then regretted as soon as I saw the main. It was a chicken dinner with a massive Yorkshire pudding. There was ample amounts of veg and cottage cheese too. I was so stuffed so couldn't eat it all. The chicken was tender and the gravy, the best I've ever tasted.

Pudding was a chocolate tart, by this point I was way past being full. I could only manage a couple of mouthfuls. What I tasted was nice though.












The night time consisted of a few trips to the photo booth (daft props included) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.485260504987554.1073742118.212407075606233&type=3
their theme was 80's so there was lots of cheesy music and a buffet worthy of the era.

All in all it was a great day. It's been forever since I went to a wedding, even longer since it was one of my parents. I'm just dying to see the professional pictures. I may have the foodie ones sorted, but as for everything else, well not quite so much...

Have any of you been to a great wedding this year?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images